Trade value for Shelby

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
So I'm very concerned about the future values of the GT350s especially the tech cars which is what I have. My wife and I found a left over new 16 F150 that's been lifted and customized that the dealer wants to move. It not a numbers flip game as they are selling it at invoice minus dealer holdback. I sold Fords prior and verified on invoice. They are also giving me cost on the upgrades they did. They were very transparent. He wants to move these as he has 5 lifted/customized 16s That aren't moving. So from what I can tell there's not much meat left on the bone to play trade number games. He offered $50k for my Shelby. My biggest concern is what will happen in the future with values now that they will continue for a 3rd production year and the pending lawsuit on tech cars which will give them negative publicity hurting the values even more. It's still in every way a fantastic car however my crystal ball says dump.

Thoughts on trade number?

CO Mack

Established Member
Who cares about the lawsuit.

They'll continue to go down for a while. If what you really want is a truck, get it. $50k on trade, especially if you get a tax benefit in VA, sounds great.

If you want a lifted F150...how about try and get a trade deal on a Raptor?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd trade in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Who cares about the lawsuit.

They'll continue to go down for a while. If what you really want is a truck, get it. $50k on trade, especially if you get a tax benefit in VA, sounds great.

If you want a lifted F150...how about try and get a trade deal on a Raptor?

That would be an option however the crazy high markups on the Raptor kill that option. $10k plus in my area. Va doesn't give any tax break on trades like some states do. We get raped here in VA with taxes.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Shelby gone! Good news I still have my 03 Cobra to play with more now...

ITSTOCK

Established Member
So what did they give you? I am thinking of selling my CTS-V and getting a GT350, but my friend at the Ford dealer isn't telling me what the GT350's get on trade in.

Oddly enough, a reason for me wanting to jump ship from the CTS-V is because of how quick they are depreciating for the minimal amount of driving I do.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
So what did they give you? I am thinking of selling my CTS-V and getting a GT350, but my friend at the Ford dealer isn't telling me what the GT350's get on trade in.

Oddly enough, a reason for me wanting to jump ship from the CTS-V is because of how quick they are depreciating for the minimal amount of driving I do.
Sounds like an awesome friend.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
He said they are all over the place. I'm not sure how to take that!

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member

They did give me $50k on trade. They have it for sale at $58k!! Good luck with that for a tech pack. My guess they will be lucky to get $51-$52 for a tech car if even that.

Users who are viewing this thread