Tremec Cluster gear T56 OEM or alternative?

badmpg03

Established Member
Having some bad luck. I have been through 2 of these and not sure if the Trans shop knows what they are doing.
I am told Tremec basically is not making these and they are impossible to find new.

Has anyone gone with a tick performance or similar setup and had success?

Also, anyone have one they would be willing to sell? Right now my car is un-driveable until I find one.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tremec-105-countershaft-cluster-gear/

Thanks for any help gents.

cj428mach

Established Member
What goes wrong with them?

The problem you have is anytime you mix and match gears you can get noise as gears usually wear together and by replacing the cluster you don't have a matched set anymore.

badmpg03

Established Member
I understand there is nothing wrong with my gears.
I ordered 26 spline input shaft back when. Shop that installed it did not shim it correctly and was making horrible noise after 150-200 miles. Because of this i needed a new cluster and input shaft.
I took to different shop that just does transmissions to do the work. They replaced cluster and shaft. 300 miles later 5th and 6th gear locks on freeway. When I come to a stop, the whole trans is smoked, I can't even get it in 1st gear. Shop took it apart and said it was the input shaft and cluster again. They are going to warranty the work but we can't find a cluster that is new for them to replace it with.
Agree with you that is best for the new shaft and cluster need to wear together but I don't mind some trans noise so long as the trans is solid.
My question is this tick performance cluster is the only cluster I have found that i can buy new along with new shaft. Can anyone comment on this cluster or other aftermarket clusters since it is impossible to get a new OEM one from tremec where I don't have to deal with this nonsense again.

AMP-D

Established Member
We have sold over a hundred after market cluster gears without any issue. As said above, when you mix new and used gears together, sometimes you will get noise. Most of the time it will reside with milage but sometimes it will not. As for your issue of locking up in 5th and 6th, that sounds like an assembly error to me.

badmpg03

Established Member
AMP thanks for response, which cluster do you sell , the tick unit?

Do you recommend a specific make input shaft that works well with your cluster?

AMP-D

Established Member
AMP thanks for response, which cluster do you sell , the tick unit?

Do you recommend a specific make input shaft that works well with your cluster?

We manufacture our own input shaft that works well with OE and after market cluster gears.

Users who are viewing this thread