Trick Flow vs Edlebrock Victor Jr. Intake

oneslow2v

Established Member
I'm new to the site and looking for your guys opinions and feedback between these 2 intakes. I'd like to know the pros and cons of each. From the research I've done it just depends on the setup and added power adders. I'm about to be building a complete motor for my 02 gt. Currently running a v3 blower, air to air intercooler, 39lb injectors, 03 dual cobra pumps and upgraded fdpm...no bap and making 440rwhp and 423rwtq

The build will consist of...vortech v3 blower, air to air intercooler, complete forged bottom end (haven't decided 6 or 8 bolt crank), high out put oil pump and gears, trick flow 185 twisted wedge heads with upgraded heat springs, trick flow stage 2 cams and either trick flow intake or the vic jr. 03 cobra pumps, 40amp bap and 60lb injectors. 600 is the overall goal.

From here will determine fuel rails, throttle body etc bc the vic jr requires the adapter plate and fuel rails. I haven't seen any information if the trick flow requires the same thing to install. Price wise they are the same so I don't want to cut corners but if one is better than the other I'll go from there. I'd appreciate all of your experiences with these 2! Thanks

oneslow2v

Established Member
I've looked at that setup and I've read good things about it. My only question would be, if the Edlebrock would flow as good as the trick flow, seeing how I'll be using trick flow heads. I contacted mmr to see if they could port match the Edlebrock to the trick flow heads. That's another 500 and if the TF intake is already matched to the heads then I don't want to waste the money ya know.

oneslow2v

Established Member
Edelbrock intake
6061 upper intake
Edelbrock or MMR fuel rails

You're set.

I've looked at that setup and I've read good things about it. My only question would be, if the Edlebrock would flow as good as the trick flow, seeing how I'll be using trick flow heads. I contacted mmr to see if they could port match the Edlebrock to the trick flow heads. That's another 500 and if the TF intake is already matched to the heads then I don't want to waste the money ya know.

NC03GT

Established Member
Everyone ive known that has ran the trickflow intakes have all ditched them. Im running the HPS hardball'r and love it!!! great looking Manifold and we're about to order the 5.4 version for my gf's swap... I was going to go the Vic jr route but being you had to buy the adapter, rails... etc. it was cheaper for me to get the HPS.

Users who are viewing this thread