• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Trump's vaccine safety panel

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by DHG1078, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

1. DHG1078

DHG1078 Financial Adviser for Guys who wear Skinny Jeans Established Member

2. Stanley

Stanley Premium Member Premium Member

I'm waiting for more confirmation on this.

This is from an article at thehill.com

"In a statement released late Tuesday afternoon, though, Trump's transition disputed that any decisions had been made about a potential commission.

“The President-elect is exploring the possibility of forming a committee on Autism, which affects so many families; however no decisions have been made at this time," the statement reads."

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ptic-to-lead-commission-on-vaccination-safety

3. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Established Member

Depends. Does this person skeptical that children should be vaccinate, but believes it is in the greater good's interest that they proceed while further research is conducted.

If so, I don't see the issue.

4. DHG1078

A little bit of reading, I found one that said this guy is ok with vaccines, he just thinks the dosage of one component needs to be reduced per shot. And just spread it over longer periods of time.

IF there truly is a benefit to that, thats fine with me.

5. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

If the science backs that up I am fine with that reasonable approach.

At least we are now rid of that scientific idiot Paul Broun. His stupidity should have disqualified him from serving on a House science committee, but it took a primary challenger to rid us of his presence.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

6. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Break out the shotguns! Established Member

I sort of see this as potentially putting the debate to rest. For many, seeing a report that comes from this new administration that they trust could change their minds and deliver a fatal blow to the movement.

Sent from my SM-G925P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

7. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Member Established Member

When I was a child , vaccinations were the parents decisions, not the school of government.
    That was 50 plus years ago.
    While I did receive small pox , measles , mumps etc...
    I also contracted measles 3 times , chicken pox 3 times , and ultimately also shingles , which is very painful.
    My view is that vaccinations need to be looked at in a scientific view , not a political or economical view ( pharmaceutical company's) .
    Keep the decision making to the parents.

8. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

What do you think about civil liability for parents whose unvaccinated children end up spreading a communicable disease?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

9. Zemedici

Zemedici Team Cobro Established Member

they should be held liable, should they not? It is part of the consequences for not having your child vaccinated, aside from a sick child.

I had my vaccines when I was little, and never got any of the sicknesses mentioned. Of course times are different now than they were 50 years go with my Oregon friend above.

10. DHG1078

Thats a tough question to answer. Its not like a diet or excersize where what you chose to do to yourself or kids doesn't effect anyone else, but a vaccination has a very real possibility of saving someone from a debilitating disease.

11. ashleyroachclip

If your child is vaccinated and you have faith in its effectiveness , why would you be concerned about the spread if those germs .
    I am not a.scientists of that kind, but it is my belief , that when the body is exposed to anything , it will build an tolerance to it in most cases , not all.
    If the specimen that is being developed and can have duplicated results to combat a said disease , and you are comfortable with the side effects , then use it .
    I know there will always be irresponsible parents , but by far , there are responsibilitys as a parent , we take without question.
    The health of our children is one of those .
    We take responsibility for all of the actions for the most part with out being required to by law , but by conscience ......Well I have anyway .
    But if Mr. Jones kid gets whatever it is , after having the vaccine , finds out Mr. Smith kids didn't have the vaccine , and wants to use , or press criminal charges , with him or thru proxy , that is wrong .
    The vaccine does not protect you from getting something , only lessens the chance you might .
    Like a Doctor , or lawyer ...That is why they call it a practice , they are only practicing ....

Zemedici likes this.
  12. EatonEggbeater

EatonEggbeater You tried to rob WHAT? Established Member

Interesting question, but; if the vaccine worked, only unvaccinated people would be at risk.

That'd weigh in there somewhere.

(edit 2) There was a scare on an elevated autism risk for one vaccine, it turns out that the risk was a complete fabrication, but the negative momentum the scare caused still haunts that particular vaccine. Make what you will of this, it's not greatly connected to the OP.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 5:04 PM
  13. ViperRed91GT

ViperRed91GT Panty Dropper Established Member

You seem to have answered your own question.. it's not 100% effective, and many don't catch it because no one else has it, not because they are actually immune. So yes, people who are vaccinated are still and should be worried about unvaccinated people walking around.

14. ashleyroachclip

I did not have a question sir , I had an answer to the question of what I thought the liability of the parent was .
    How about this ...
    Do you wash your hands before you eat ?
    Do you piss , get some on your hands , wash your hands , or just carry on .
    If you say yes , have you ever gotten say a cold .
    It is said that you have to wash your hands for everything you do , all of the manufacturers of waterless hand cleaner comes to mind .
    Oh , so you have gotten sick , so washing your hands did or did not work ?
    Well I piss , eat , drink and what ever ...
    Don't wash my hands , and have not been sick in probably 20 years .
    I'll even puss on my hands and hand you a beer ....
    Not because I don't like you or anything else .
    I just take care of myself , am not a walking Petri dish .

15. Tx5811

Tx5811 Haha, real funny guys Established Member

What kind of scientist are you?

16. ashleyroachclip

I do weed ....
    You ?

17. GT Premi

GT Premi I have a stalker Mod fan. Established Member

If a vaccinated kid catches something he was vaccinated against from a non-vaccinated kid, what's the point of the vaccine, if he caught the disease, anyway? If anybody should be sued in that scenario, it's the drug company. Suing the non-vax parent would only strengthen their resolve against vaccines and add ammo to the fight.

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!

18. DHG1078

Some people need to do some research. Vaccines are typically between 85% and 99% effective, depending on the disease. They aren't 100% effective because their are various strains of the bacteria, virus, etc., and because we are all different. Hence why there is a different flu shot every year.

Lets face it, some people have shit immune systems, some of us have great immune systems. We are all just an experiment in mutations.

Those who get the vaccine, and still contract the disease typically have a much milder case, and depending on the disease can avoid some of the debilitating effects.

Some people can't get vaccines for medical reasons. These people are protected by those who get the vaccine, as it prevents outbreaks. Look into "herd immunity."

International travel is huge now. Other countries don't have the vaccines we have. Just because the disease may not be present here in any significant numbers doesn't mean we are safe from it.

19. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Established Member

Here's a ?:

Are the vaccines we received as children still in our bodies today effectively combating the various illnesses?

20. DHG1078

It depends on the disease. Thats why some vaccines have booster shots. But some of them, once your body makes the first round of anti bodies, it maintains them for life.