Trunk Mounted Intercooler Ice Cell

Htunes-TXAVI

Established Member
Just purchased a 13 with your trunk mounted intercooler ice cell installed. A few questions about it and how it is currently installed.

The Meziere pumps comes on with the key, so I wanted to make sure their was water in the box. Without tools I tried to open the round cap, with no luck, to see if there was water inside, it's seems to be really hard to open or sealed with silicone. Will try again based upon your response.

Noob questions:
1.) Does water cool this particular Meziere pump?
2.) Is there some sort of coolant mixture being used and is why the cap seems to not spin open easily because the shop wanted to keep it closed.
3.) should it be wired to always come on with the key? I don't care about the noise, but don't want to burn the pump up
4.) Any regular maintenance need to be done? Car has 5500 miles, this was installed within a 1000 miles when all the other mods were done.

I cannot ask the previous owner, due to consignment dealership purchase, and do not have all the info regarding who built the car yet.

thank you for your help.

Van@RevanRacing

Please call me next week to discuss. The lid should not be stuck closed.

The water flowing through the pump cools the pump.
You can run coolant with the pump and cell and it should not cause it to be sealed
it should come on at key on
It should perform and function fine and should require maintenance.

In an effort to release the cap make sure the breather is not occluded. Remove the breather and then see if the cap releases. If the breather is rusted closed it will pressurize the system.

Van

Htunes-TXAVI

Established Member
Please call me next week to discuss. The lid should not be stuck closed.

The water flowing through the pump cools the pump.
You can run coolant with the pump and cell and it should not cause it to be sealed
it should come on at key on
It should perform and function fine and should require maintenance.

In an effort to release the cap make sure the breather is not occluded. Remove the breather and then see if the cap releases. If the breather is rusted closed it will pressurize the system.

Van

ok thank you for the response.

confirmed after further inspection:
- pump comes on with key only
- cap is tight due to system being pressurized
- water confirmed left in the tank, by slightly opening drain valve
- breather, shows some rust, should I replace it?

Will call ASAP

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread