Tune update for switching pulleys?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would definitely have the tune checked. If you have the full Roush Stage 3 kit you have 47 lb injectors and are probably close to maxing them out.

Reisjsr

Established Member
Kinda what I figured any thoughts on injector upgrades? I am looking at a hell of a deal on some new 56lb Ford Performance ones.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes you will need a tune update. How are the injectors and pumps duty cycle now?

Gruca

Established Member
Kinda what I figured any thoughts on injector upgrades? I am looking at a hell of a deal on some new 56lb Ford Performance ones.

Depends on how much power you plan to make or if you ever go E85. 1050x is a good injector option.

Reisjsr

Established Member
I did already. Left it in my court completely without many specifics. I’m just wondering what an affordable next step injector would be for an upgrade to the 47s. I don’t really have the coin for the next $1000+ upgrade or rather my wife will kill me so I’m trying to keep it somewhat tame on my account for now. I really don’t have a personal need or desire to exceed 650-650hp and I would imagine I’m nearing that now with cai, bap, 82mm on a 2.3 Roush blower, VMP tune, o/r Xpipe, Borla catback, On 93 and 15” forgestars with MTs. I just know I need more fueling and the next step is either I build from a donor block or aluminator.

Sizeth3

Established Member
I did already. Left it in my court completely without many specifics. I’m just wondering what an affordable next step injector would be for an upgrade to the 47s. I don’t really have the coin for the next $1000+ upgrade or rather my wife will kill me so I’m trying to keep it somewhat tame on my account for now. I really don’t have a personal need or desire to exceed 650-650hp and I would imagine I’m nearing that now with cai, bap, 82mm on a 2.3 Roush blower, VMP tune, o/r Xpipe, Borla catback, On 93 and 15” forgestars with MTs. I just know I need more fueling and the next step is either I build from a donor block or aluminator.

Just a suggestion, your tuner should be able to tell you if you are reaching the limit of 93 octane fuel. If you are, they would likely recommend running E85 if you are increasing boost, which would require a larger injector. I have been through all of this already, so that is my advice. You would probably see a larger gain switching to E85 that you would by increasing boost, and it is a safer fuel. Also, teambeefcake gave me a great deal on ID1000's, shoot him a message. Might be cheaper than you think.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
If your on a budget then just pick up some 56lb GT500 injectors. These are the same ones that come in all VMP stage 2 kits. You can find a brand new set of these for 200-220 brand new. However, if you plan to ever build the motor and crank it up then just pony up and buy some ID1050s, if you shop around you can find these for 850 brand new.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

DW95 are a good budget big injector. I wouldn't bother with 56's.

But yes you definitely need to retune, look at it this way with 10psi of boost pressure its working against your injector pressure. I think at our fuel rail pressure those 47's act more like 60lb injectors but 60-10psi working against them is like having 50lb injectors@55psi, now if you were to add another 3lb of boost you are looking at 47lb@55psi this is why the rating systems for injectors always have an NA & a boosted side to their values because boost works AGAINST injectors.

Reisjsr

Established Member
DW95 are a good budget big injector. I wouldn't bother with 56's.

But yes you definitely need to retune, look at it this way with 10psi of boost pressure its working against your injector pressure. I think at our fuel rail pressure those 47's act more like 60lb injectors but 60-10psi working against them is like having 50lb injectors@55psi, now if you were to add another 3lb of boost you are looking at 47lb@55psi this is why the rating systems for injectors always have an NA & a boosted side to their values because boost works AGAINST injectors.

Thanks! Very informative

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread