TVS Stage 2 on Brand New Coyote

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Hey everyone, just getting back in the game and recently (last week) purchased a new 2017 GT Premium. The car is completely stock, I haven't touched a thing on it.

I have been offered an insanely good deal a TVS stage 2 kit from VMP. Something I absolutely do not want to pass up. But I'm nervous....is it normal for me to be concerned of putting a kit like this on my car that has literally less than 500 miles on it? Are there certain modifications I should do before installing this kit? Is there such a thing as a "safe" or "safer" tune I should go with? The car came with the 3.73 gears, is that something I should look to change?

Thanks!

MastaAce03

Established Member
Throw that ish on there and never look back. Congrats on the new car. Upgraded OPG gears and BAP seem a common upgrade on the supercharged coyotes. Make sure you leave enough money for some sticky tires, those stock tires aren't going to cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebdnehus

Established Member
You can skip the OPG's if you dont plan on having the timing cover open for something else, theyre a pain in the ass to install with the motor in the car. So if you were planning for cams, I'd leave the OPG's out until then. Pick up and ATI damper and that should solve the harmonics issue thats affecting the stock OPG's. The damper is the real fix, the billet gears are just extra insurance if you wanna rev to the ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread