Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

Deric

Established Member
Speaking of cars which dominate their segment...

This is awesome! A buddy of mine from S.F. just picked up two of those (one for the street and one for the track) to replace his 2009 ACR. I was able to fly out and do a track day at Laguna Seca with him in a couple months ago.
He got the same purple as you but with a lime yellow stripe. I never thought purple could look so badass. Was Dito taking pictures while you were there?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You beat your personal best, in the same car, by 4 seconds???? Incredible stuff there......I think. The only true racing I know is from Forza and Grand Turismo though, ha.

Did you dial the car in more or something?

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You beat your personal best, in the same car, by 4 seconds???? Incredible stuff there......I think. The only true racing I know is from Forza and Grand Turismo though, ha.

Did you dial the car in more or something?

Oh. Heh. No, it's my personal best at that track. I'm consistently 1-2 secs off of a pro driver's time at the track now (e.g. Jeff Segal was my coach that day, he's a multiple world champion in this class of car, and I was 1.9 secs off his best time after 2 driving sessions) so I'm picking up tenths, not seconds, at this point.

My previous best at Laguna was 1:30, set in a 458 Challenge.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Hey Ben, have you ever tried your hand at iRacing? I'm mainly wanting to know from someone with experience how directly it correlates. I know what the NASCAR drivers say, but I'm more curious about the road course aspect personally.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Oh. Heh. No, it's my personal best at that track. I'm consistently 1-2 secs off of a pro driver's time at the track now (e.g. Jeff Segal was my coach that day, he's a multiple world champion in this class of car, and I was 1.9 secs off his best time after 2 driving sessions) so I'm picking up tenths, not seconds, at this point.

My previous best at Laguna was 1:30, set in a 458 Challenge.

Oh, lol, I thought that would be pretty amazing if so. I come from the world of Forza. So doing a quick 20,000 grand upgrade to a car can get you that, ha. I was thinking you modded the engine or something.

I don't follow track times too closely.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Hey Ben, have you ever tried your hand at iRacing? I'm mainly wanting to know from someone with experience how directly it correlates. I know what the NASCAR drivers say, but I'm more curious about the road course aspect personally.
Good friend of mine has completed road to indy, and currently races GT3Cup usa/canada and he practices on iracing, his sim setup is awesome. Especially with VR it feels real

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll just leave this here...

91be047da203873041791d819bd952b4.jpg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's a great pic! Did you have a pro help with the lighting or do you guys do it yourself?

My wife and I are both amateur photographers; we did it ourselves. That said, the lighting was straightforward: expose on the car, camera in aperture mode to balance foreground and background, flash on TTL, snap away.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Great job... You have a good eye!

I used to do video production as a hobby. I put together some training videos, covered Bug Out for a local media company, a few projects like that. Understanding lighting and background positioning is something not everyone has an eye for.

You can have a lot of fun with it, but don't let people talk you into doing it for them. Rolling into the commercial aspect of videography ruined the hobby for me.

Users who are viewing this thread