UNION Iraq

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Anyone here been to FOB UNION III in IRAQ in 2015 or 2014? I am scheduled to go there was wondering if anyone had any info on it

Regulars520

Established Member
Anyone here been to FOB UNION III in IRAQ in 2015 or 2014? I am scheduled to go there was wondering if anyone had any info on it

Dave stay out of Iraq, its not as secure as it was before. Seriously think about it before you go.

TaraFirma

Established Member
U3 is just west of what was the green zone (FOB Washington)
It's where we flew Saddam into during his trial.
This was back in 06, I'm sure it's a whole lot of ****ed up and a bad place by now.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Dave stay out of Iraq, its not as secure as it was before. Seriously think about it before you go.

too late LOL I leave on the 20th to Kuwait and then head downrange sometime after that. I am not too worried about it. it cant be any worse that balad was in 03 when we got there. getting hit just about every day sometimes 4 or 5 times ... Union is one of the bigger spots. the other places are smaller and not where I would prefer to be since they have to wear their shit ALL the time.

thanks for the replies folks

Regulars520

Established Member
too late LOL I leave on the 20th to Kuwait and then head downrange sometime after that. I am not too worried about it. it cant be any worse that balad was in 03 when we got there. getting hit just about every day sometimes 4 or 5 times ... Union is one of the bigger spots. the other places are smaller and not where I would prefer to be since they have to wear their shit ALL the time.

thanks for the replies folks

Well stay safe over there Dave.

If they catch you make sure you tell them this!!!!!!
عليك اللعنة يا ابن العاهرة

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well stay safe over there Dave.

If they catch you make sure you tell them this!!!!!!
عليك اللعنة يا ابن العاهرة

staying safe is top of the list ... and what's that? Allahuakbar! I want to be a muslim?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
RDJ, as a contractor do you get to carry or is that for special operator or whatever high speed out fit they belong to?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
RDJ, as a contractor do you get to carry or is that for special operator or whatever high speed out fit they belong to?
nope contractors at my level do not get to carry. When I was on Balad back in 03-05 I told one of the officers that if shit went down his people better have a good handle on their weapons because I was getting one from somewhere even if I had to pry it out of someones hands. He told me not to worry because if shit went down he would see to it I got a weapon. I said "fair enough" thankfully we have not had to worry about that to this point.

Be safe, take care.
thanks that is high on the priority list.

update: looks like we may be going someplace other than UIII at least for a bit ... sigh ... damn army can't make up their freaking minds about much of anything where we are concerned lol

Users who are viewing this thread