Unusual vibration 60mph+

evanjp

Established Member
I have a strange vibration at highway speeds. I get a vibration for 4-6 seconds that slowly starts and gets pretty bad kind of like a badly balanced wheel and slowly stops vibrating and then is gone for 4-6 seconds. Literally no idea what this could be, but I have a DSS driveshaft that has always made noises when load is applied like going through gears or giving the car gas, even letting off gas causes the driveshaft make noise.

Could this be a driveshaft vibration? Any idea?

StalkerStang

Established Member
I noticed driveline vibration after I put the Ford Racing 1 piece shaft in my 11. I get it under hard acceleration, and anything above 85-90 mph.......

Normal driving its completely fine.

evanjp

Established Member
Thing is, it started feeling this bad kind of recently. But I guess it's been more of an evolution into this problem. I've had the DSS on since September and it's never been REALLY smooth. Kind of getting worse and worse.

But would a driveshaft vibrate for 4-6 seconds, go away for 4-6 seconds, and repeat?

evanjp

Established Member
I picked one up so yeah I'm going to find out. Just wondering if anyone has experience with that type of vibration I described.

Stang Lover

Established Member
My buddy had the same vibration issues and took the driveshaft off and turned the yoke counter-clockwise 180 degrees and it cured 95% of his vibration issues.

evanjp

Established Member
No kidding. So he has the same exact vibration that vibrates for a few seconds, and then stops completely for a few seconds and keeps doing it?

Users who are viewing this thread