Upgraded Vortech s/c

Snakeman

Established Member
i sent my s/c to vortech for a new volute and impeller, bearings and seals.
it's ba-a-a-a-a-ack!

Last edited:

ZeroDCX

Established Member
What's your setup? It would be interesting to see pre and post data. I assume your unit has received the SI-Trim upgrade from the standard S-Trim?

Snakeman

Established Member
it's been so long since i worked on it, i hardly remember what i've done to it. yes, it was a standard s-trim upgraded to Si. my numbers i've posted were with SHM blower grind cams which were installed incorrectly. it never would pass smog, so i had some '04 cams installed by some guys in cameron park. shawn, i think. anyway, before i could get it tuned it started making some top-end noise and i quit driving it.

afm power pipe
accufab single-blade tb
imrc delete
ported heads
shm 575 Shortblock
canton racing pan
jba ceramic coated shorty headers
bassani x-pipe (catted)
04 cams
vortech si trim
here's the pic i had attached. it went away when i tried to delete the op
IMG_1727.JPG

i picked up a set of billet oil pump gears and valve seals which i still need to install before putting it all back together again. i also would like to install an intercooler while i have it apart. any recommendations? was looking at the piping kit from cx racing on ebay, but the seller was unable to answer my question about whether it would fit my application. it was like talking to a broken record, "the kit will fit the vortech supercharger as shown in the photo". yeah, sure buddy, but will it fit a v1 s-trim ccw in my 1998 cobra? smh...

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have the CXracing intercooler and piping setup and for the most part it fit my car. I got a Vortech BOV and PMAS MAF so I had to buy a couple extra pieces. I also had to cut a hole right in front of the strut tower to route the piping.

Let me know if you need any pics

Sluggie24

Established Member
I have the CXracing intercooler and piping setup and for the most part it fit my car. I got a Vortech BOV and PMAS MAF so I had to buy a couple extra pieces. I also had to cut a hole right in front of the strut tower to route the piping.

Let me know if you need any pics

Does the Vortech BOV eliminate the annoying flutter noise the CX Racing unit has at part throttle?

OP I have the CX Racing FMIC kit on my 04 GT as well and like mentioned it fits but requires cutting the RF inner fender shelf to get the pipe to the Tbody. I just used a sawsall to make 2 straight cuts and then folded the section down out of the way. That way should I ever want to return it to stock I can just fold it back up and weld it back together.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Does the Vortech BOV eliminate the annoying flutter noise the CX Racing unit has at part throttle?

OP I have the CX Racing FMIC kit on my 04 GT as well and like mentioned it fits but requires cutting the RF inner fender shelf to get the pipe to the Tbody. I just used a sawsall to make 2 straight cuts and then folded the section down out of the way. That way should I ever want to return it to stock I can just fold it back up and weld it back together.

Yup, there is no annoying flutter at part throttle. I have it vented to the atmosphere and both supercharged and turbocharged guys like the sound. This is the valve I have except mine is blue - https://www.steeda.com/vortech-maxflow-racing-mustang-bypass-valve-640-8d204-001.html

Users who are viewing this thread