Vacuums

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't want to derail @NastyGT500 thread. What vacuums do you guys use in your vehicle? Nasty said he uses Metro Vac and Blo. But at ~$330 it seems priced high when I can get a shop vac from lowes for $150. What am I missing here?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A shop vac was my original plan. Then NastyGT500 said he uses a metro vac. Next thing I know I have a $500 vac in the shopping cart. Is the price point worth it?

Unless you are doing detailing for a living, no I don't think it is. It takes a little more effort maybe in some spots but no way coul I justify that cost

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I'll agree. It's an expensive piece, but I like and need all the attachments. I feel a shop vac will serve most extremely well for a long time. I'd spec my hard earned coin elsewhere.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Rigid shop vac here too.. with the car detail hose and attachments kit. For me It's really all about the hose. The factory hose is too cumbersome imo, it's not very flexible and I would be worried about it scratching interior pieces.. I love the detail kit / hose.

upload_2017-8-13_11-20-31.png

Think I spent $115 out the door for my whole setup.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I love using the wife's hand held dyson. Not sure how much she paid but it's small and light and makes keeping the interior clean as it's more convenient than shop vac.
-J

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Didn't know that was a thing, thanks

All the little rollers wore out on our Dyson after 4 years. Cant push it anymore. $142 dollars for a replacement head.. I'm not happy w/Dyson right now.

The like 4 tiny wheels? I need to order some, I thought I saw em on amazon for like $15 each which seemed bad enough

HausCobra

Established Member
I bought the metro vac. Best deal is through bed bath and beyond website with 20% off coupon

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

96gt02

Established Member
I have a dyson v8 cordless that I use as my house vacuum which also works very good and convenient when cleaning my car

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I have a dyson v8 cordless that I use as my house vacuum which also works very good and convenient when cleaning my car

It's just, Shop vac is a man's vacuum though. .

I feel like I want to use it over the house vacuum at all times.. similarly to how I would much rather cook with the BBQ than the Oven.

96gt02

Established Member
yeah haha i hear you, just all about good cordless power. makes it feel more manly i guess, plus its a V8

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
But it's called the 'V8'? :)
Don't care what it's called, it's simple to use and makes touch ups easy.
-J

Blown 89

Established Member
I use a rigid shop vac with the car attachment kit. Even that's overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread