Van : A question about coolant

darkside323

Established Member
Hello Van. I just spent a day on the Big track at WillowSprings. I had a blast until a radiator hose busted at a union between rubber and plastic while in a turn which caused my car to spin out and nearly missing the wall. Scary indeed but it revealed a weakness in my car. I just purchased one of your super competition heat exchangers from another member on the forum so that my temps could stay lower during spirited driving. As I am researching it's installation I've come up to a lot of suggestions on which coolant to use. Honestly it is overwhelming. Steve from True forged recommend I use the Motorcraft orange as per your suggestion. Just wondering why it is a good choice. My car is an 2007 GT 500. Motor is stock and only has a tune and intake. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Is it okay to mix distiller water with the motorcraft Orange coolant ? I would assume it's fine but wanted to be sure.

Van@RevanRacing

Why do you recommend filtered over distilled? I thought distilled water was captured from water vapor which in turn has zero minerals in it. Thanks, Duane

Duane

There is nothing wrong with distilled water whatsoever. I've used filtered water and de-ionized/distilled water in different applications yet I have not seen any negative affects using either. When mixing with coolant the effects are negligible.

Van

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hello Van. I just spent a day on the Big track at WillowSprings. I had a blast until a radiator hose busted at a union between rubber and plastic while in a turn which caused my car to spin out and nearly missing the wall. Scary indeed but it revealed a weakness in my car. I just purchased one of your super competition heat exchangers from another member on the forum so that my temps could stay lower during spirited driving. As I am researching it's installation I've come up to a lot of suggestions on which coolant to use. Honestly it is overwhelming. Steve from True forged recommend I use the Motorcraft orange as per your suggestion. Just wondering why it is a good choice. My car is an 2007 GT 500. Motor is stock and only has a tune and intake. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Surprised the hose popped. These cars aren't that old.

Just make sure you use the pre-diluted Ford Orange. I've had good success on my cars and customer cars.

Van, donthese blocks have one or two drain plugs? I imagine all of the factory gold needs to be out before the orange goes in. A lot don't mix well?

Van@RevanRacing

Surprised the hose popped. These cars aren't that old.

Van, donthese blocks have one or two drain plugs? I imagine all of the factory gold needs to be out before the orange goes in. A lot don't mix well?

When I used to flush my 2007 out I would remove the TSTAT and then drain the system as best as possible. Even use air pressure at the engine coolant cap to try and blow it out.

Then I would fill with water completely and leave the TSTAT OUT. Let it run for out 10 minutes with the cap off. Drain again. Then add the Ford Orange.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread