Verifying splitter installation

Zeromaz

Established Member
I've read the horror stories of splitters flying off at high speeds and i'd like keep that from happening. Is there any type of visual inspection i can do to ensure proper installation? I've watched videos on the job but i'm not sure what an improper versus a proper installed splitter looks like. Any specific problem area people tend to have? Thanks in advance, team.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The problem they have is not getting the snap on pieces snapped in correctly. With a quick look under the splitter, you can tell if it was done correctly or not.

Zeromaz

Established Member
Igere is a picture of the gap. Quarter for reference

Attachments

• IMG_1596.PNG
    IMG_1596.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1595.PNG
    IMG_1595.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 219

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would say that is not installed correctly. Looks like they missed the center tabs.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I had mine come off at 120 and its not suppose to do that. So they ordered a new splitter and since the work is done at the store I work at me and the tech installed it and the hardest is to get all the lock tabs or snap on tabs on the splitter to lock into place on the bumper .... we had to hit it with a rubber mallet more times than i can say and checked underneath to make sure they were locked into place

don

Zeromaz

Established Member
Thanks, fellas. I'm going to Ford after work today to have them look at it. I'll show them this thread and hopefully all will be well afterwards.

Zeromaz

Established Member
Sorry about the lighting in these photos but you can notice the difference. I have no gap now. Thank you all for the useful information. Now we have photos of an incorrect and correct install job. If anyone else has a gap, it would be beneficial to have it checked out. Drive safe

Attachments

• IMG_1606.PNG
    IMG_1606.PNG
    656.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1605.PNG
    IMG_1605.PNG
    666.3 KB · Views: 141

Zeromaz

Established Member
I noticed a few new owners on here recently and I'd like to bump this guy up, as its a common issue and extremely important everyone has their splitters on correctly. Enjoy the new vehicles, buds!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
How Ford engineers are going to idiot-proof the next one...I don't know. But hopefully they have paid attention and learned a lesson with the '15-'18 GT350's. They need a simplified, robust design that dealer monkeys would be hard pressed to screw up.

Zeromaz

Established Member
I agree, Tob.

I get it... they probably don't see the GT350 too often. I would think there should be some kinda memo they could pull up before working on a vehicle with all the qwerky info that seems to be overlooked.

That's the great thing about this community though. We're looking out for each other!

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Absolutely, I wish I had seen this when I installed my tow hook. I would have known what to look for and realized my splitter was not installed correctly. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread