Vert Top Coloring (The Best of the Best)

kzite29

Established Member
I've been all over the internet looking for the best (if any are decent) convertible top dye for the Cobra. The tan top is faded, spotty, and.. well.. tan. So the goal is to get a great factory looking black finish.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to SEM products as a brand, but they have dozens of different blacks as well as a brush on vs. aerosol line of Color Coat. Has anyone had experience with any of these (please be specific)? Can you post pics or speak to how well it came out?

Hopefully at the end of this the next guy who googles "best convertible top dye" will get a straight answer!

-Kyle

zPipes

Established Member
If you do color your top, post pics. Id be interested to see how it turns out.

kzite29

Established Member
Just ordered SEM Landau Black vinyl "Color Coat", SEM vinyl prep, and some cleaning/masking supplies. Will be painting this weekend!

Pics will certainly be posted

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve23

Established Member
My 01 Cobra has a rag top. Does the 99 Cobra's have vinyl top? Not sure how the vinyl dye would work on a rag top. Ive used SEM vinyl dye on my door panels and it worked really well. You need to spray a special adhesive first, its from SEM, its a clear type paint. It allows the vinyl dye to adhere better.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread