VMP 67mm twin blade throttle body, like new.

jamyzd39

Established Member
67mm Twin blade throttle body, just like new
Twin blade VMP thtottle body. I bought this 1 month ago. My tuner had some slight issues getting it dialed in right, it had a little surge at a constant rpm. I bought the twin blade ford racing 65mm and the same exact issue existed. I had to drive 3 hours back to the tuner and he got it dialed in perfect. It literally is brand new, with no problems or issues. I paid around $600, I will ship it to buyer for total of $500 OBO.
I could send it back to VMP and pay a 15% restocking fee, but it might be a hassle. My loss='s your gain.

My 2014 Roush was at 629rwhp and 542tq, with this TB it hit 640rwhp and 592tq. Amazing TQ gains and good throttle response gains.
IMG_0162 (1).JPG

jamyzd39

Established Member
I'm interested, but your lack of posts and join date are pretty new. Are you a member on another forum?
I am on mustangevolution, user name is jamyzd30. I have not used this site before. Talking with VMP they will take it back, but since it is not defective they charge a 25% re-stocking fee, I thought it was 15%. My tuner just created me some headaches and lost me some money. Especially since he is 3 hours from my house. The ford racing 65mm one pulled 8 more RWHP , but 10 less TQ. Both TB's gained some serious tq. Anways, VMP will pay for reshipping back to them. So it's up to you. I don't mind either selling or returning. You might save a little by buying mine, but piece of mind you might want to buy direct. They offer a 75 dollar credit if you trade existing 60mm TB, if it is in good working condition. Plus you can find a 10% coupon code online.....Through them you pay around 600 minus the trade in if you have one....Through me it is slightly less, but piece of mind you might want to get direct, up to you.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the first time I hear a 65mm out did a 67mm... odd.

jamyzd39

Established Member
This is the first time I hear a 65mm out did a 67mm... odd.
I am guessing it is all in the tune man.....My tuner was having issue with surging, although he didn't feel or see anything on dyno. It pulled 629 and 542 prior to TB change factory 60mm, after VMP 640 and 592. Ford racing 648 and 582. A minor difference like this might be weather that day, who knows. I would say both TB's are great! Mine is a RS3, and you having a GT500 might yield better gains, not sure. I sort of think my tuner got the tune from someone else as he couldn't figure it out. They all use similar tunes anyways. He shares with the big names like AED, Lund, VMP etc. I just use him as I prefer dyno tunes vs, email and data logging

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I am guessing it is all in the tune man.....My tuner was having issue with surging, although he didn't feel or see anything on dyno. It pulled 629 and 542 prior to TB change factory 60mm, after VMP 640 and 592. Ford racing 648 and 582. A minor difference like this might be weather that day, who knows. I would say both TB's are great! Mine is a RS3, and you having a GT500 might yield better gains, not sure. I sort of think my tuner got the tune from someone else as he couldn't figure it out. They all use similar tunes anyways. He shares with the big names like AED, Lund, VMP etc. I just use him as I prefer dyno tunes vs, email and data logging

Got you.

Thanks for the response.

Car sounds like a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread