Vmp upgrade

svtcobraNate

Established Member
I'm guessing that isn't the original Eaton because it's been polished, and he probably had it ported and polished by Stiegemeier Porting Services, who used/uses an exchange program.

Congratulations on buying that stunning Sonic Blue Cobra. Immaculate and very nicely modded. The engine bay has just enough bling to make it catch your attention in a good way. Have fun driving it this summer. ;)
Im not sure which owner still had the original supercharger but they still had it judt in case someone wanted to put it back to stock. I just cant wrap my mind around thinking these days. This car has such low mileage that you would think to keep the original parts with the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bigmoose

Established Member
How did you verify its a stock thermostat? The 170* is a stock thermostat modded with a different spring. Looks just like stock.

94slowbra1

Established Member
sorry to hear about the issues. for the way it was advertised and the price i would have expected it to be mint. hopefully it was just a few coincidence things and its all good.
anyway it just give you the excuse to upgrade. i just installed a TVS too and am waiting to finish up the rest of the return fuel system. then it will tuning to dial it all in. keep us posted as to what it puts down and how you are enjoying it.
PS: if you ever way to part way with those sp500s let me know ;)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Thanks. And nope and im done with drew (saddle) there was a list of things wrong with the car and im still finding more.
So far
Two blown shock absorbers
Broken piaa light lense
Halogen license plate lights not led as stated
Eaton blower bearing failure confirmed by 3 shops
170* tstat is magically a oem tstat
Comes down to my fault really I didnt go there in person to see the car before purchasing. I took his word for everything.
Im just glad the car overall is solid in in good shape with a true 8047 miles.
Mechanical stuff I can fix.
Im sure this will stur up drama but the fact i keep finding more s**t that isnt there is pissing me off.
I have yet to even drive the car so who know what else i will find wrong.

Unreal, very sorry to hear that list beyond the blower issues.....that's a complete joke and he had better realize SVTPerf members have a LOOOOONG memory, this won't be forgotten.

I found it strange how he made this near 10 minute "walk around" video and stuck it in his FS thread......but NEVER fires the car up. Huge warning sign. But he sure mentions how "perfect" the car is about 50 times lol. Anyways....it's a beautiful car and glad to see someone is finally going to bring it mechanically where it belongs. Best of luck with it, look forward to many more posts about it on the forum.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. And my coolant temps are staying right at 198-202

Sorry to hear about all the trouble. On a side note, if the fan settings were never changed with a 170 stat, then it's pretty much doing nothing over a stock one. You need to make sure the fan low and high settings are changed. If indeed you have a 170 stat, the low fan setting should be 182-186 and high fan setting at 190-192.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. On a side note, if the fan settings were never changed with a 170 stat, then it's pretty much doing nothing over a stock one. You need to make sure the fan low and high settings are changed. If indeed you have a 170 stat, the low fan setting should be 182-186 and high fan setting at 190-192.

It pisses me off I did his upgrade and can't change mine. My tuner locked it out and they are out of business now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It pisses me off I did his upgrade and can't change mine. My tuner locked it out and they are out of business now.

Ughhh. Get a new tune from 04sleeper lol.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thinking about it I do have a wideband . But bought my Xcal-3 used so I'd have to download the software and such. Thought about changing my cai too.

svtcobraNate

Established Member
Unreal, very sorry to hear that list beyond the blower issues.....that's a complete joke and he had better realize SVTPerf members have a LOOOOONG memory, this won't be forgotten.

I found it strange how he made this near 10 minute "walk around" video and stuck it in his FS thread......but NEVER fires the car up. Huge warning sign. But he sure mentions how "perfect" the car is about 50 times lol. Anyways....it's a beautiful car and glad to see someone is finally going to bring it mechanically where it belongs. Best of luck with it, look forward to many more posts about it on the forum.

Exactly. And the person who picked it up heard something dtrange but was told lies. But it is what it is im over it. I been working on the car to get it back to what it should be and lesson learned.
The car came with alignment paperwork but doesnt track straight and the steering wheel is way off. When you get on it it wants to just walk away to the left. I need to replace the shocks as im sure the rears are blown like the fronts and then get it on a alignment rack and do a proper alignment.
I managed to get the piaa fog lights off but found the bracket bolts are welded in place so its going to be a chore getting the brackets off this summer.
I had the dash apart tonight and what a mess of shit. The alarm installled was just thrown in there pretty much.
People never cease to amaze me

svtcobraNate

Established Member
And that could very well be. I was told it had it and its in the listing of mods but when I asked last week I got the answer of "I did maybe 5 years ago".. not sure what to make of that

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Surprised you've had some troubles with the car. I saw that car in person and even went cruising with Drew. Super nice guy and the car was definitely in great shape when I saw it. Things happen with cars, I'm sure he didn't intentionally do anything devious.

svtcobraNate

Established Member
Surprised you've had some troubles with the car. I saw that car in person and even went cruising with Drew. Super nice guy and the car was definitely in great shape when I saw it. Things happen with cars, I'm sure he didn't intentionally do anything devious.
To be honest it was just upsetting but Drew seems like a nice guy and I really don't feel like he purposely and the fact that I had any sort of expectations is wrong. Everything is sorted out and fixed I'm not really worried about it or upset at this point.

cj428mach

Established Member
Im not sure which owner still had the original supercharger but they still had it judt in case someone wanted to put it back to stock. I just cant wrap my mind around thinking these days. This car has such low mileage that you would think to keep the original parts with the car.

Thats ashame that car isn't what it was represented as, there was a time when I really wanted that car the first time he was selling it back before I got my OW.

My car had similar mileage to yours when I got it and I've kept every original part off this car just incase I ever want to go back to stock. I even found a stock CAI and few other small parts that were missing just so I'd have a complete car. I don't think its worth splitting up the original parts off the car.

Last edited:

svtcobraNate

Established Member
Thats ashame that car isn't what it was represented as is, there was a time when I really wanted that car the first time he was selling it back before I got my OW.

My car had similar mileage to yours when I got it and I've kept every original part off this car just incase I ever want to go back to stock. I even found a stock CAI and few other small parts that were missing just so I'd have a complete car. I don't think its worth splitting up the original parts off the car.
No biggie. You cant expect everyone to be mechanics or know everything and i realize that.
The car is now better than ever.
Im going to go to a return style fuel system next.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I didn't keep up on this thread.

Isn't it so funny how people can say how clean a car is and the owner swears up and down its perfect and needs nothing....than it shows up and WOW it has a laundry list of issues and you're like WTF man. But I guess that's what happens when you buy someone's X race car.

I'm happy to hear you got everything squared away for the most part.

Franco

Established Member
I guess I didn't keep up on this thread.

Isn't it so funny how people can say how clean a car is and the owner swears up and down its perfect and needs nothing....than it shows up and WOW it has a laundry list of issues and you're like WTF man. But I guess that's what happens when you buy someone's X race car.

I'm happy to hear you got everything squared away for the most part.

This is so true. The word mint and perfect gets thrown around too much

Users who are viewing this thread