VMP vs Lund GT500 pulley packages

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Do not know about the Lethal but I originally went with the VMP and am quite happy with it. I do not know much about the Ngauge and how it compares to the X4.

Papaw

Established Member
I went with VMP for my pulley and tune. My car already had a CAI when I purchased it. I am happy with their products and support and it was a nice power increase. I think they offer the Nguage as an option.

Never dealt with Lund but also hear that his customers are happy with his tunes and support.

I think it's hard to make a mistake by going with either one of these guys.

Islandcat

Established Member
Whatever you decide, I would definitely go with an nguage. I love mine.

Also just save that money and put it toward a tvs. You won't be sorry lol

RLB01

Established Member
+1 with reeve-ryan I did the small pulley then later had the blower ported. Finally up graded the blower and was very satisfied. Don't waste money on the stock blower..

tktlwyr

Established Member
OP, before anyone commented they neglected to inquire as to what year vehicle you had.

2010 and newer, the intake won't give you much, if anything, at this point. The factory 2010-2014 CAI will be fine until you upgrade the blower.

If you're considering a Gen2, invest in the VMP 6 bolt hub. You can transfer that and the pulley to the Gen2 if and when you choose to upgrade.

Use the money you saved from the CAI and go with a throttle body or off-road exhaust.

New plugs are recommended.

nGauge was a nice upgrade over my SCT-X3 but I'm not familiar with the X4.

Either tuner is more than competent for what you're trying to do.

Good luck!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We're pretty darned good. ;) TRC, as mentioned, if you're a 10+ car and are planning on buying one of our TVS blowers, the choice is yours. You can buy the intake now and you'll have it when you buy the blower....or you'll be fine with the stock blower and stock maf. Buy the press-on pulley, 90mm idler and tuner/tunes and you're done. Well, you should also invest in a set of TR7-IX plugs and gap them at .030 when you do this.

The shaft is slightly different on the TVS vs the stock blower, so I wouldn't waste the money on a hub and bolt on at this point either. The TVS will come with a bolt on of your choice. If I can answer any more questions for you , hit me up directly at bj at vmpperformance.com

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lund tunes are probably the smoothest and hardest hitting tunes. Idle operstion is spot on amd doesnt surge. Love mine. NGauge is really cool, wish i had gotten one over an X4.

If you really eant to help yourself make power, get a PMAS 120MM intake.

JimIII@jdm

Are you able to sell parts, kits, tunes and to continue to service customers in California?

Techincally the parts would be "off road" use only. All aftermarket tuners and Air kits that are not CARB certified are technically for off road use only.

JimIII

einehund

Established Member
You should consider after tune support as well (i.e. tune revisions). VMP is far superior in my very lengthy experience with both companies.

I'm on my 4th or 5th revision with Lund for my car, and have never had any issues with the timeliness or quality of the tune revisions I have received.
I have no experience with VMP, but based on the collective consensus, if I ever do switch to another tuner, VMP will be who I go with.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Everything I've read seems to be that both Lund and VMP are on par with each other...

I think I am leaning towards VMP for my 2012, I plan on getting this package just before running the car at the Texas Mile in October.

RBB

Established Member
One thing about VMP is that if you buy any product from them that requires a retune they will do the retune for free. Do not know if Lund offers this or not,.
He does not. Small changes are a free update, but anything like injectors, etc, you'll have to pay for a remote tune.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Well worth the fee with Lund. VMP free updates only count with items purchased from VMP. With Lund you just send them a list of your mods and setup. Very fast turn around, even during peak racing season.

For a $50 fee you can purchase additional 90 days of support with datalog revision. Big updates like E85 conversion or Big Blower/Turbo is extra. But you get datalog revisions to dial it in. Exotic tunes required remote dyno tuning.

Last edited:

Mbiro594

Established Member
I just bought the 2.5 VMP pulley, 90mm idler and JLT big air intake from a member here.

I then ordered the nGauge with a lund tune. My car is stock outside of axle back and a drop in K&N the previous owner put in.

I plan on doing a before and after Dyno if you are interested in results. Should be about a week before I receive the tune.

Did plenty of research on this and both tuners are the best for our vehicles, can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread