VMP vs Lund GT500 pulley packages

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
When I switched to Lund, from VMP, it was a totally different car. Power hit harder, and the idle is hypnotically smooth. The idle, and how it pulls 4th gear is what blows me away with this tune. Feels like a completely different car.

I feel like Lund tunes more aggressively, as my tailpipes are not as dark as on the VMP tune. I'm actually really considering running the 91 tune, just to de-tune the car, even though I can get 93. I also chose Lund, because when other's can't tune it right, or have a weird combo of parts that don't mesh well, people run to Lund.

The only negative thing I can say, is that I think I get more pops under deceleration (off road H here). I think it just adds more character to the car.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
When I switched to Lund, from VMP, it was a totally different car. Power hit harder, and the idle is hypnotically smooth. The idle, and how it pulls 4th gear is what blows me away with this tune. Feels like a completely different car.

I feel like Lund tunes more aggressively, as my tailpipes are not as dark as on the VMP tune. I'm actually really considering running the 91 tune, just to de-tune the car, even though I can get 93. I also chose Lund, because when others can't tune it right, or have a weird combo of parts that don't mesh well, people run to Lund.

The only negative things I can say about Lund, are that I think I get more pops under deceleration (off road H here). I think it just adds more character to the car. Secondly, I feel VMP has a bigger presence on the forums, than Lund, and BJ is a great guy who offers a lot of great advice to all members! Can't say I've even seen Lund in this section???

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
When I switched to Lund, from VMP, it was a totally different car. Power hit harder, and the idle is hypnotically smooth. The idle, and how it pulls 4th gear is what blows me away with this tune.
Ditto...I went from VMP to a custom to Lund with the same experience. I also get the decel pops but also had them on the custom tune.

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Lund has tuned a few of my cars over 10+ years. He did an sct x4 tune on my current car when I cammed it with supporting fuel mods. Car ran great. Decided to get his Ngauge with boost and fuel pressure sensors and the zt2 datalogger upgrade. Datalogged it and asked for a "safe" re-tune. Based on numbers in the datalog am at approximately 770hp and have taken it on 300+ mile cruises and have been out on several 95+ degree days. Couldn't be any happier.

JRMotorsports55

Established Member
I just ordered the VMP stock pulley kit from LMR (2.5 blower pulley with 90mm idler). Already have FR intake and flash. Looking at tunes, leaning towards Lund mostly because I like th Ngauge best of the available tuners. Doesn't hurt that they seem to be the preferred tune as well. I think either way, both are great tuners.

Mbiro594

Established Member
Received my lund Ngauge and tune a week ago. Had the VMP 2.5 pulley, 90mm idler and JLT big air intake. Car feels absolutely amazing, I am blown away by the difference in power. Car felt sluggish to me stock, now I literally make animal sounds of satisfaction after going WOT.

I sent my datalog to Jon Jr and he was very quick to respond and let me know everything looked great.

Ngauge is amazing and I could not be happier with my tune and experience. You won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread