Vorshlag-Bilstein StreetPro thoughts

wellby

Established Member
I have been researching replacing the shocks and struts on my non track pack 2013 GT. Was looking at going coilovers but you can't really get a quality set up for under $2500, and since it a daily driver it may be more adjustment then i need.
The Vorshlag Blistein street pro set seems like a good option for a quality damper but i don't see much mention of them, just curious of what everyone thinks of them.
Most likely will also be installing a watts link in at the same time.

noldevin

Established Member
Vorshlag stuff is top notch. I think the street-pro kit is the best springs and shocks combo you can get (for handling/street. there are better options for drag racing), and their camber plates are the best available.

wellby

Established Member
The funny thing is there is almost no reviews of people running them. I don't know if it's the high price for a strut setup that causes people not to use them.

noldevin

Established Member
People see that you can buy cheap coilovers like BC or SR and get those instead, even though they aren't better, just more adjustable. And most end up setting those once and forgetting.

wellby

Established Member
Subbing. Thinking about going with this kit too.
I wound up going with the bilstein kit for 05-10 gt500 with gt500 strut mounts from American Muscle which is the same struts and rear shocks that Vorshlag sells at a rather large mark up. I picked up a Hurst suspension kit on close out and used the springs, they lower the car just about a inch. It's incredible how much better the car rides and performes with the Bilstein dampers over the OEM stuff. I would recommend them to anyone.

BlackPwny

Driver
Established Member
I wound up going with the bilstein kit for 05-10 gt500 with gt500 strut mounts from American Muscle which is the same struts and rear shocks that Vorshlag sells at a rather large mark up. I picked up a Hurst suspension kit on close out and used the springs, they lower the car just about a inch. It's incredible how much better the car rides and performes with the Bilstein dampers over the OEM stuff. I would recommend them to anyone.

Excellent, thank you for the heads up! I'm glad you're digging the setup.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Love my Vorshlag TrackPro kit.

I've noticed that the rear kickout over bumps in a turn is really reduced.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
image.png
Vorshlag stuff is top notch. I think the street-pro kit is the best springs and shocks combo you can get (for handling/street. there are better options for drag racing), and their camber plates are the best available.

I bought my complete suspension setup used from a friend. I have Vorshlag camber/caster plates on my '14 GT with Koni yellow coilovers. The fronts are custom valved by a company in Ohio and originally cost over $2k. Front springs are 450 lb (triple of stock) and rears are 250. Also installed a BMR watts, LCA's and relo brackets at the same time. The handling and ride quality are incredible compared to my stock Track Pack setup. Wheelhouse is completely gone. The only drawback with the Vorshlag plates is you have to drop the strut to access the adjustment bolts, which increases he cost of the alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread