Vortech Pulley Size Help

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am trying to figure out what pulley size to go with and have no clue as this is a fresh build.

Setup is 05+ Alum Block, 01 Cobra crank, Manley/SVT H Beams w/ARP2000, Gibtec -5cc 3.562 pistons, 03 Heads with valve job and bowl work, Crower 62822-4 cams, MAC LTs, Stingers, fuel system is Lethal Budget Return with Black306 340lph pumps, SD 60#s for 93.

Blower is a Vortech V1 Si with Treadstone 1235 intercooler, stock crank.

Looking to not run this on the ragged edge on 93 but I want to push the combo. Also, a IW 10% crank is not out of the question. This will be a 6rib setup.

omj

Established Member
I'd stick to 3.0 and higher if you are staying 6 rib. You can use a 10% and get near max impeller speed.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
If you go to the auto parts store and grab some truck pullies then you can convert over to an 8 rib set up cheap so why not do it???
With an overdrive damper and a 2.8 blower pulley the boost will kick in earlier so the car will be more fun on the street. The car already has a built short block so why chicken out with the boost?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
15lbs is about the limit for 6 rib on the Vortech kit, especially with an oem size crank damper. If you wanna reach high teens your gonna get belt slip.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
The good news is after some discussions with a few people I am just going to go 8 rib and whatever pulley maxes the blower out. This engine is going to be changed a bit in the internals and ran on the V1 Si and then probably get swapped for a V7. This was going to go into my convertible but I am going to put this setup in my coupe and put my TVS setup in the convertible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I still have the oem 6 rib on mine with a stock size ATI crank damper and 3.1 blower pulley, no slip at 14 lbs.

Once all is said and done and the V7 JT-B is on I am probably going to be around 20lbs so I may as well just plan for that from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread