Vortech VS ON3 single turbo

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My personal opinion is centri. I built everything around 2014 to go with a turbo set up. Built motor, tube k and fuel system. I got the car back together and drove it NA for a bit and the coil overs and tube k member killed it for me. I ran a 14" 175lb spring up front and the creaks, squeaks and harshness I felt killed all the fun. I pulled the drivetrain and sold it. Cleaned up the car and put it under a cover. I hated the way it felt. The turbo route sounds fun but the compromises Needed to make it work just aren't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what keeps holding me back. I love the turbo, but hate the tubular K. I wouldn't mind if it was MM, but On3 etc use UPR K and I don't want that on my street car, nor do I want there coilovers on there either.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My personal opinion is centri. I built everything around 2014 to go with a turbo set up. Built motor, tube k and fuel system. I got the car back together and drove it NA for a bit and the coil overs and tube k member killed it for me. I ran a 14" 175lb spring up front and the creaks, squeaks and harshness I felt killed all the fun. I pulled the drivetrain and sold it. Cleaned up the car and put it under a cover. I hated the way it felt. The turbo route sounds fun but the compromises Needed to make it work just aren't worth it.

What brand did you run? I have MM everything up front. The only noise I get is when the springs settle after lifting the car. After that it's totally quiet. And I love my coilovers. The car rides nice and handles really well to me.

A couple weeks back I hit a dip in the road pretty hard. I felt it vibrate through the car. It scratched up the K a good amount, but nothing is bent or broken.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted to go TT on one of my cars but to do it right is very expensive. My plan was CG Fab, Precisions, and MM and I was about $15k without anything else factored in.

One car I am doing a Vortech V1 Si Kit, built engine, Steeda K. The other is VMP TVS, built engine, Steeda K. Sure it won't be the 1k hp car I initially wanted but should be a blast at about 600hp and 750hp respectively.

omj

Established Member
I have a Ti head unit with a wastegate. I've got it pullied for maximum rpm and bleeding off boost over 10psi (stock lower end). It hits hard. It's a whole different animal with the gate on it.

coposrv

Established Member
What brand did you run? I have MM everything up front. The only noise I get is when the springs settle after lifting the car. After that it's totally quiet. And I love my coilovers. The car rides nice and handles really well to me.

A couple weeks back I hit a dip in the road pretty hard. I felt it vibrate through the car. It scratched up the K a good amount, but nothing is bent or broken.

I wish I could remember. I ended up putting 3 different set ups in it. I want to say it was upr at first for the hellion kit then I went to qa1 took the qa1 out and welded a few extra gussets on the control arms and control arm mounting location on the K because it looked pretty cheesy. Changed caster camber plates to MM and struts a few times. I was defeated with the car for a bit. I had a 550 HP fox and this was going to be the big power car but never happened.

At this point I'm stock k member and super sport springs again up with a quiet fuel system, built 4v a mildish set of cams and novi 2200. the internet ****ing ruined people with horsepower. Everyone thinks everybody else is making 1200 rwhp and its all a big dick swinging contest. A prepped 6-650 horsepower car on the street is damn fast and can still be comfortable to ride in with the wife on these shitty New England roads.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I wish I could remember. I ended up putting 3 different set ups in it. I want to say it was upr at first for the hellion kit then I went to qa1 took the qa1 out and welded a few extra gussets on the control arms and control arm mounting location on the K because it looked pretty cheesy. Changed caster camber plates to MM and struts a few times. I was defeated with the car for a bit. I had a 550 HP fox and this was going to be the big power car but never happened.

At this point I'm stock k member and super sport springs again up with a quiet fuel system, built 4v a mildish set of cams and novi 2200. the internet ****ing ruined people with horsepower. Everyone thinks everybody else is making 1200 rwhp and its all a big dick swinging contest. A prepped 6-650 horsepower car on the street is damn fast and can still be comfortable to ride in with the wife on these shitty New England roads.

What year is your car? I'd be interested in checking it out some time.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

The net has turned a lot of people into number chasers. My last car was a big power car and a total headache. That's why my current car is an upper only with a tune and exhaust. No hassles with driving it. And the suspension makes it pretty fun.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
That's why you see so many "built cars" for sale. People are lead to think they can make 1krwhp for 10k and so they start building and when the build hits 20k they can't finish it and dump it half assed.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
Any kind of turbo kit on a 99-01 cobra will have reliability issues. The budget turbo kit that is being discussed here is budget in name only as you will pay through the nose in your time being lost chasing problems. As others have mentioned, the drag race k member kits are not the best for a streetcar.

Why deal with the turbo head aches when you can go With a super charger kit, bolt it on and forget about it plus you can keep the stock front suspension?

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Love and miss my centri unit. It is definitely the best direction if your looking to just hang out at the mid 500s and (bolt & go) kinda ease to install. I had a V1-SI, intercooled and stock pulley topping out at 487/445 on a mach. Only had a TB and LT's. later thru a 125 shot ontop and hurt a lot of much higher hp cars feelings.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am selling a brand new, never mounted, Vortech V1 Si Satin headunit and a Treadstone 1235 Intercooler. to go straight to a JT-B and bigger intercooler.

coposrv

Established Member
I am selling a brand new, never mounted, Vortech V1 Si Satin headunit and a Treadstone 1235 Intercooler. to go straight to a JT-B and bigger intercooler.

JT-B as in billet wheel?

old01cobra

Established Member
Just bought a ysi hope its useful and not to big. I should've went B like you but it was to cheap to pass up. I like the centi feel a buddy has a d1sc ws6, another has a 2v p1sc. Its a turbo with a little PD blower feel without the turbo headache and money...

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Well guys, made my decision!

776fda7770fbcb4a22ca8283133e7b3f.jpg

TimmyTurner

Established Member
As long as the bottom end is good that shouldn't be a problem. 500 is a breeze on pump gas with these engines.

E85, mach 1 short block, 03 cobra C heads. Should hold, I don't want to go past that though. 10 lbs and that should make good power

Users who are viewing this thread