Warming up your car In your driveway? Here's a ticket

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
And this is where you turn over the info you have to your insurance agent and let them handle the rest.

This is what you pay them for, let them earn it for once by going to both Walgreens and the police To get the other parties info and file a claim.

Bingo. Let the insurance company get the info from WalGreens. They will then give it to you.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Every winter we see cars here getting stolen because people are warming up their car and leaving it unattended. The news will occasionally have a story about neighborhood theft of car items and they will have a police officer on saying that the cars were left unlocked and some even have the keys in them and were stolen. I am sure it gets old if you're a cop. Imagine working a large neighborhood as a cop and having to do a report and other paper work a couple of times a week because people are too lazy to lock their car door. Each call probably takes over an hour or more if you have some kind of evidence. This starts to add up over the course of a year. Those resources could have been used on something else. And as for the parking lot crash issue, it's like that where I live. It is a privately owned area that is not subject to the laws of the road. They have no jurisdiction there to enforce traffic. I love how people instantly blame cops. It's our messed up laws that they have to follow. I used to go on ride along with police when I was younger. I would recommend some of you do it. On one ride along, we went to a fatal accident where a reckless driver crossed over the median on a 45 mph road and hit a girl head on. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was killed. It might change your perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I don't know why we stop there.

We should start charging rape victims for dressing too provocatively.

Charging mugging victims for being easy targets.

Charging abused kids for not being grown enough to prevent the abuse.

Charging the elderly for being too naive when defrauded.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I don't know why we stop there.

We should start charging rape victims for dressing too provocatively.

Charging mugging victims for being easy targets.

Charging abused kids for not being grown enough to prevent the abuse.

Charging the elderly for being too naive when defrauded.

Great points. What is your solution? To me leaving your car running unattended is the same as walking around with half a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your back pocket and wondering why it was stolen. Hell, isn't that how they do it on that cops bait car show? Now should they be cited?

We are all paying for these simple, correctable mistakes with our insurance rates. I am sick of paying 300 a month auto insurance for 3 cars and a flawless record.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jaxbusa

Established Member
One day I asked a group of friends if they think people should be cited for not wearing a seatbelt. The group agreed that it should be an individual's decision. I then asked if they were okay with paying more in auto insurance when those who don't wear their belts receive grater injuries when they crash. Of course this changed votes.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Great points. What is your solution? To me leaving your car running unattended is the same as walking around with half a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your back pocket

So, the person who does that should be considered a criminal? What if they drive a nice car, should that person be responsible for getting carjacked? Is one not allowed to walk around with designer clothes because they might get mugged?

Are you saying that you feel someone else should be accountable for the criminal's behavior other than that criminal?

My solution isn't to punish those who aren't actually doing anything wrong. It would be changing the behavior of those who don't see performing acts of crime as something immoral. Unfortunately, we don't rehabilitate criminals, nor do we do anything to prevent their behavior other than locking them away. While convenient, it doesn't change the mindset of those perpetrating the acts. At best, it makes them even more hardened criminals.

We live in a society that loves forcing our ideals on others such that we will make anything a crime. So much so that we are willing to turn victims into criminals because it's easier.

josephcostello

Established Member
My HOA made it very clear in the rules that there are no idling cars in the driveways, which was clearly directed at my cobra as the next louder thing is probably my Volvo station wagon lol. I just let it idle until it drops to 1k and let it warm up on side street.

08mojo

Established Member
Imagine working a large neighborhood as a cop and having to do a report and other paper work a couple of times a week because people are too lazy to lock their car door. Each call probably takes over an hour or more if you have some kind of evidence. This starts to add up over the course of a year. Those resources could have been used on something else.

You mean like, perhaps, putting more effort into catching the thieves?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Speaking of idling. They'd hate the oil industry. 90% of us leave our trucks running for 10+ hours a day. Once I turn it on in the morning. If I go to somewhere quick I just leave it on. Or on sites.. It stays running even if I'm away from it for 2 hours. I'm not getting back into a 110 degree truck. I'm leaving the AC blasting

I am sick of paying 300 a month auto insurance for 3 cars and a flawless record.

With who?

I was paying 205 for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler, Lexus Is300, and Nissan 350z all with full coverage

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Great points. What is your solution? To me leaving your car running unattended is the same as walking around with half a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your back pocket and wondering why it was stolen. Hell, isn't that how they do it on that cops bait car show? Now should they be cited?

We are all paying for these simple, correctable mistakes with our insurance rates. I am sick of paying 300 a month auto insurance for 3 cars and a flawless record.

1.) Is your credit poor or perhaps the company needs to be changed?
2.) Not being in the car doesn't necessarily mean it is unattended.

This isn't about cutting down on crime or insurance rates. This is about revenue makers doing their best to bring in more money for the locality. I'm so sick of the b.s. that penalizing someone by costing them money will fix a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread