Watches......Show Us What You Got!

blk02edge

Established Member
damn baller's up in this joint!

Rocking my G-Shock Aviation today.

Sapphire glass - Solar powered - Atomic timekeeping 6-band, compass, 200M water resistant, etc.

Looks great, comfortable and is super reliable.
Can't go wrong! I remember dropping my g-shock around 200 feet. Couldn't tell haha

Satyr

Established Member
Do watches hold their value well?

Very dependent on brand. Rolex, Breitling, Omega, and the trinity watches all hold their values pretty well (Rolex and the trinities, especially).

And even many Seiko and Citizen models resale without a huge loss.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Like Satyr said, it depends on the brand. The low-production, super high-end watches actually gain value over time. Also, if you find a brand that has a loyal following, some of their watches will hold value while the rest will tank. It just depends on how popular and/or hard to get the model is.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Rolex 18kt/SS
e5f57c03f162298524c0b81f8b88e0ae.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
My Oris Williams came in today and it's stunning. Incredibly smooth. And my DD Tissot t-touch 2 next to it.
20170531_153642.jpg

20170531_153758.jpg

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I've got a Citizen that I like a lot. No battery and no winding, makes it since and switches time zones with a breeze no matter if you go from new york to bangkok.

One stupid question I have though, how do you tel the actual model of it. It's been a minute but I thought I looked on the back and didn't see anything that actually came up in a search as being the model number. Anyone got any help, I'd love to be a fancy watch dealer, no idea how you would get started in such a business though.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I've got a Citizen that I like a lot. No battery and no winding, makes it since and switches time zones with a breeze no matter if you go from new york to bangkok.

One stupid question I have though, how do you tel the actual model of it. It's been a minute but I thought I looked on the back and didn't see anything that actually came up in a search as being the model number. Anyone got any help, I'd love to be a fancy watch dealer, no idea how you would get started in such a business though.

Most watches will not have a model number printed on it. The case back usually provides information such as serial number and may indicate country of distribution for warranty information. Best way to see a model is find a Citizen watch catalogue for your model year and look through it.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Most watches will not have a model number printed on it. The case back usually provides information such as serial number and may indicate country of distribution for warranty information. Best way to see a model is find a Citizen watch catalogue for your model year and look through it.

Thank you for the info. I was walking around Myrtle Beach and seen a watch store and it had a big Citizen ad on the door and it was my exact watch and I believe Eli Manning was wearing it. Kind of made me laugh but I still didn't find out which series it was, lol. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out about it, I love it I just wish it was a higher end brand but us po' folk got those po' ways.

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
My latest addition - Seiko SSC Chronograph.

Good everyday watch I don't mind banging around. Just picked this one up about three weeks ago. Can't go wrong with a Seiko for the price and functionality.

Also have an Automatic Seiko 5 series that's an homage to the Rolex GMT and it's one of my favorite sub $500 watches money can buy. Wear that a lot.

The Tourneau store on 5th Ave right now however has a Stainless 2011 White Faced Daytona for a fairly reasonable price ($9,800), and it's taking everything in me not to go pick it up... considering the wait list for the 2016-2017 models are two years long now and $3k more.

f17795e0648fc856193d82a8c86556c5.jpg

ffdbd0ddafc5a58c4be5e21a2da2173e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Awesome!!! I have a black bezel no date Rolex submariner that's very similar to that. In the shop right now being serviced. Should have it back in a couple weeks. Also that viper is schmexy.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Nice! Steinhart basically copied the Rolex sub. I can't afford a real one so the "homage" will do

Lemmiwinks

Established Member

Depends on what you buy.

Watches is the only hobby I've actually earned money on.
On my old 1971-ish Rolex Day Date I earned a couple of thousand dollars on.
That covered the losses I made on my other two Audemars Piguets that I didn't keep for long.
And lastly I had a bid on my 1991 Rolex GMT-Master II $2'000 over what I paid for it a few years ago. Not often you can earn money on something that you use every single day.

Currently I have a Rolex Submariner 116610LV on order, they cost almost as much used as brand new due to high demand, not enough volume.
Should've bought it a few years ago when I could get one for $6'000 instead of $9'000 which it costs now...

Rolex is a safe card.
Audemars Piguet and Patek Philippe aswell though the cost of even getting involved is 3x the price of a Rolex. And higher service costs etc.

Honestly, if you want to keep a watch for several years and make a lot of money go for the Rolex 16610lv or the 116600.
Low production watches (for Rolex) and although they've already skyrocketed in price on the market, I believe they're still going to go up.

Users who are viewing this thread