• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Water-Meth Questions?

Discussion in 'Snow Performance' started by SPInjection, Sep 3, 2014.

1. SPInjection

SPInjection Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Matt Snow here - I'm available for daily question-answer on anything related to water-methanol injection.
    I've had some hi-powered Mustangs over the years and currently drive a 2014 GT500 that we are doing R&D with. Also, I have a hi-hp 93 Cobra F2'd street car that is up to 1100 RWHP on pump gas. I always enjoyed my turboed '05 and supercharged/nitroused '92 5.0 as well. All meth injected of course!
    SVT Performance has a great rep - I look forward to contributing and interacting.

2. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

I sent you a PM.

thanks.

3. Dogg

Dogg New Member Established Member

Matt, I just purchased a 2012 mustang gt with a magnasun supercharger. I am considering putting methanol injection on it but do not know where the best place to plumb it into the system. Could you give me some input on this. Will methanol damage the supercharger?
    Thanks

4. boomstick33

boomstick33 Member Established Member

I sent you a PM with some questions. Thanks.

5. PRP

PRP New Member Established Member

Hi Matt,

I've been contemplating adding your Stage 3 Boost Cooler to my 2010 GT500 5.4 with the FRPP 2.9L and have been in touch with your Tech Support via your WWW site.

Having said that, this communication is just a personal BS'ing comment. I'm in The Springs and run up to Cripple Creek fairly often and have seen a '10+ GT500 a couple of times when I was up there and so was wondering if that is you. Jeff J told me you have a real nasty Cobra and I didn't know you had a late model GT5 until I saw this post. Anyway, I've seen a GT500 twice, once on 62 between WP and CC then another time on the "back road" (I don't remember the name or number of the road) further up Hwy 24 from where 62 meets up with it.

I'd love to see how you set up the injection system into your GT500 though so if that's you I'll stop next time I see it and chat with you.

Take it easy,

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO
    1966 ERA 427 S/C Cobra roadster - Wimbledon White/blue (427FE SO/4-spd Top Loader)
    2010 SVT GT500 coupe - Kona Blue/white (5.4L) w/KR Dura-bright wheels
    2012 SVT Ford F-150 Raptor SCREW - Race Red/black (Roush Off-Road SC kit in near future)

6. sono

sono Member Established Member

Any chance of getting some data regarding your 14' project car. I think discussions could also lead to customers. I'm curious about meth as well. I hate being the beta tester. I'd like to see some results of 10-14 gt500's. Is this a daily driver scenario or mostly drag stuff?

Thanks,

7. robert presti

robert presti Member Established Member

Why would I want to use 91 and meth injection vs just running E85? I'm undecided as to which way I will go. I have a built 4.6 with a d1 Procharger.