We lost another 14 GT500

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Lets get the ball rolling on the replacement car :D

What color combination 13/14 are you feeling now? You want the glass roof option as well, correct?

Well the car came back as a total lose today, so we're getting the pay off started, I found a 14 DIB with white stripes with 2k on it for 55k local to me and it's bone stock. Or a guy is selling a gray with sonic blue stripes with bolt ons for 55k. I really like the gray with blue stripes combo.

MG0h3

Established Member
The grey/blue stripes is one of, if not my favorite combo.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
Well the car came back as a total lose today, so we're getting the pay off started, I found a 14 DIB with white stripes with 2k on it for 55k local to me and it's bone stock. Or a guy is selling a gray with sonic blue stripes with bolt ons for 55k. I really like the gray with blue stripes combo.

holy pricetags batman

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The grey/blue stripes is one of, if not my favorite combo.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I completey agree, it looks badass in person and it's Van from Revan Racing's old car so it has a lot of nice parts on it.
holy pricetags batman
I agree, they're both priced very high, but the gray and blue is very tastefully modded and has 7k on it and the blue one has 2k on.
Prices seem kinda high.
Just little, the owner of my old 13 GT500 asked me if I wanted to buy it back, can't say I'm not thinking about it.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
You know your old car, if it works out for you buy it back.

Curious, you sold that one and bought the 14, and the reason you did that was????

fearthesnake

Established Member
Nice. You have options and tough decision. I love the rare grey and blue stripe combo and would already be setup right by Van.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I agree with Zemedici, 13Cobra, and Tones. Get your old one back it was sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
dude......the best looking GT500 i've ever seen.....i'd get that one back. And keep it this time! hahah
It was amazing in person, but the engine needs to be built, it's well over 800whp and I told the new owner to be easy on her unless you plan to build the bottom end.
You know your old car, if it works out for you buy it back.

Curious, you sold that one and bought the 14, and the reason you did that was????
I sold the Shelby because I had a 04 cobra and wanted to focus on that and I bought a 16 focus RS as a daily, unfortunately that cobra turned out to be the biggest shit box ever so I fixed it up and sold it and turns out the RS wasn't my cup of tea so I wanted to build another nasty Shelby.
Nice. You have options and tough decision. I love the rare grey and blue stripe combo and would already be setup right by Van.
From all the pictures I have seen of Van's old GT500 it looks amazing and has some very tasteful mods, once everything is settled with my Shelby I'm going to fly out and look at it in person.
Stephen, you HAVE to get your old one back.
If I had the extra cash to build the engine I would be all over it but it's been gone for over a year now and I don't know how hard the new owner has been to her, I babied the shit out of that car.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gray and blue. Your old car would be like marrying your ex again. No matter how great it was, you let it go for good reason. First time something goes wrong you will be cussing yourself. No sense having sloppy seconds (thirds?).

Whatever, good luck to you. Sure it will be awesome.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Nah, get her back. You know these cars and engines are tough. If youre building the engine, use of current owner doesn't mean anything.

That 13 was something special. If it were me, it would be at the top of the list.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Is the insurance company giving you a fair "Total Loss" payment or are they Low Balling like I would expect??:cool:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Steve, ya know what? Scratch what I said. Rumor has it the new GT500 will debut next week. If you were willing to spend the money on a Demon, you'd be crazy not to wait and see the new GT500 details and pricing before you make your decision.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Its driving season in AZ, Steve needs himself some 5.8 torque now.
Me, I'm partial to the Sterling Grey/Blue combo, but I only took 4 mos to decide....
Good luck on the search buddy, hope to see it next time I come out.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the insurance company giving you a fair "Total Loss" payment or are they Low Balling like I would expect??:cool:
Surprisingly they're giving me almost 53k for the car which pays it off, so I'm happy...kinda
Steve, ya know what? Scratch what I said. Rumor has it the new GT500 will debut next week. If you were willing to spend the money on a Demon, you'd be crazy not to wait and see the new GT500 details and pricing before you make your decision.
I'm not a fan of the new body style but I can't say I'm not excited to see the new GT500, if it's offered in a 6 speed and has 750hp and looks as good as the 13/14s I might consider it. But I'll probably run into the same issue I had with looking at Demons, every dealer wants 30k over MSRP and I know the Ford dealers will do the same thing
Its driving season in AZ, Steve needs himself some 5.8 torque now.
Me, I'm partial to the Sterling Grey/Blue combo, but I only took 4 mos to decide....
Good luck on the search buddy, hope to see it next time I come out.
-J
You're correct, I couldn't have lost my car at a worst time, the weather is amazing in AZ right now and I'm missing my car more and more. I love the gray and blue combo, it really stands out from the crowd. I'm just worried about buying a modded GT500, but once I see it in person and drive it I'll probably feel better. If not I'm all about the blue with white stripes combo.

Users who are viewing this thread