We lost another 14 GT500

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lemme ask around. Obviously Earnhardt Ford is in my dealer family, but we also own Rodeo Ford in Avondale/Goodyear. Might be able to get you a contact for a fair price.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Lemme ask around. Obviously Earnhardt Ford is in my dealer family, but we also own Rodeo Ford in Avondale/Goodyear. Might be able to get you a contact for a fair price.
That would be cool, I can't wait to see what it looks like

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You see this one? 2014 Silver/Blue stripes, only 800 miles. Doesn't have Navigation but can't beat that mileage and price at $49K

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=191216582
I have been looking on the cargurus all the time for Shelbys. I'm almost certain I'll buying my next one out of state.
With only 800 miles, you wont find that many GT500 left with low miles like that and you may can get it a few thousand less than asking price.
There is a local one I'm looking at that has 2,200 miles on it that's bone stock with my favorite color combo, blue and white. I won't buy one with over 7k on it, I want another low mileage one so I can hold onto it forever.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
You're correct, I couldn't have lost my car at a worst time, the weather is amazing in AZ right now and I'm missing my car more and more. I love the gray and blue combo, it really stands out from the crowd. I'm just worried about buying a modded GT500, but once I see it in person and drive it I'll probably feel better. If not I'm all about the blue with white stripes combo.
Why the hesitation to buy a nodded Shelby? The way I see it you save money, because you know you're not going to keep it stock.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Why the hesitation to buy a nodded Shelby? The way I see it you save money, because you know you're not going to keep it stock.
You don't know what you're getting. Tunes can be all over the place and not just right. Anything could be off.
Plus, when you buy stock, you can mod to how you want it done. A clean slate if you will. And again, that peace of mind knowing that no one was messing around with the PCM/ECU or engine.
I would buy a 100% stock one as well.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You feeling better/ok since the accident? Hoping so.
I'm doing alright, some mornings my back is a little sore, I need to get my lazy back to the gym and just get in better shape. Lately I'm just pissed every time I walk out to my garage and seeing my poor Shelby gone
He drove a Superman '13 for a reason, Steve is superman :)
-J
LOL Thanks brother, Every time I look at the pictures of the car I'm surprised I walked away without a scratch.
I agree with you 100% on saving money on parts, But modded cars are usually beat to shit, But the one I have my eye on is Van's old Shelby, So I have faith it was at least well cared for.
Loaded question. All depends on the mods and install.
I've seen many hack jobs. When I was young I did a few :)
-J
Exactly lol, My 08, 13 and 14 GT500's were all perfect. It's always a gamble buying some else's hot rod.
You don't know what you're getting. Tunes can be all over the place and not just right. Anything could be off.
Plus, when you buy stock, you can mod to how you want it done. A clean slate if you will. And again, that peace of mind knowing that no one was messing around with the PCM/ECU or engine.
I would buy a 100% stock one as well.
I think I would rather buy a stock one also, But it's Van's old Shelby, So we'll see, I just don't want some else's nightmare... Been there and done that lol

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, another good deal. Your old color combo, Glass Roof/Recaros. $46K with 2,500 miles on it. From a Ford dealer in Kansas City, may be worth looking into?
You wouldn't even have to update your profile pic!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=191200303
I saw that one yesterday, If it was a 14 I would be all over it. I don't really want a 13.
The problem I see, you aren't buying it from Van.
I agree, but the new owner is a 54 year old guy and he seems pretty down to earth. The car is in Oklahoma, So I'll fly out and look it over and see what i think.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw that one yesterday, If it was a 14 I would be all over it. I don't really want a 13.
I'm a '14 snob too (not really just I have a '14), but I think they made less '13s, they are 20th anniversary labeled and that car has gotta be rare with the glass roof and what looks like all options.
Guess it really depends if you want that color combo again.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm a '14 snob too (not really just I have a '14), but I think they made less '13s, they are 20th anniversary labeled and that car has gotta be rare with the glass roof and what looks like all options.
Guess it really depends if you want that color combo again.
-J
The only reason I want a 14 over a 13 again is the cobra in the center cluster. I hate that the 13s cluster has the horse. I don't want blue and red again. Blue and white is absoulty my favorite color combo, but gray and blue is right up there.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The only reason I want a 14 over a 13 again is the cobra in the center cluster. I hate that the 13s cluster has the horse. I don't want blue and red again. Blue and white is absoulty my favorite color combo, but gray and blue is right up there.

Not all 14's have the Cobra between the gauges. Early ones had the horse. I am pretty sure that all the 13/14 GT500's with Nav had the Cobra on the Nav Screen.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Not all 14's have the Cobra between the gauges. Early ones had the horse. I am pretty sure that all the 13/14 GT500's with Nav had the Cobra on the Nav Screen.
Yes 2010s and up with NAV have the cobra in the display. But only the 14s have the cobra in the LCD screen, I'm sure the early 14s might not have it, but most of them do.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Small thing but I totally agree, gotta have the Cobra.
For reference my '14 built first week of May 2013 and has the snake screen.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread