Weekend Plans?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Aw shit! That's gonna take some diggin'. Good thing I made a new drink.
Ran a little shot on lemonade though. This one's stiffah than a prom prick.
HA HAAAAAAAA
I just looked but couldn't find it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I think we're due for a new pic then.
I still had it up on Flikr. This was from November of last year.
24599647118_db3704f66f_b.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
Actually working on flooring tomorrow, unlike the last 4 weeks where I claimed I would.

Then, maybe working on the Mach 1 a little more. Also taking the wife hiking on Sunday if it doesn't pour out.

Last weekend was a complete bust. Had 3 vehicles crap out on me- a dead battery in the bike, two clogged CVVT solenoids on the Volvo which wouldn't even start, and a messed up shifter and grinding noise on the GT500. Got everything fixed except the grinding in the GT500 which I'm 99% positive is steering shaft/header contact.

helloWorld

Established Member
Going to do brake pads and rotors for the first time in my life this weekend. My V2 is in desperate need of new rotors and brake pads and the dealership quoted me around 2 grand to get the job done. I purchased new StopTech slotted rotors and PowerStop Z26 Ceramic pads for all four corners for a little under $700 and will tackle the job myself this weekend. I have watched plenty of generic rotor/pad YouTube videos and have read some guides specifically made for the V2 by other V2 owners and the job actually seems stupid simple.

MG0h3

Established Member
Going to do brake pads and rotors for the first time in my life this weekend. My V2 is in desperate need of new rotors and brake pads and the dealership quoted me around 2 grand to get the job done. I purchased new StopTech slotted rotors and PowerStop Z26 Ceramic pads for all four corners for a little under $700 and will tackle the job myself this weekend. I have watched plenty of generic rotor/pad YouTube videos and have read some guides specifically made for the V2 by other V2 owners and the job actually seems stupid simple.

Cool man. Typically quite easy. Those cars weren’t out before I left the industry but for the most part there are only a few methods required for rotor removal and caliper piston compression.

May require purchasing a couple tools that most auto parts stores will carry or rent.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

helloWorld

Established Member
Cool man. Typically quite easy. Those cars weren’t out before I left the industry but for the most part there are only a few methods required for rotor removal and caliper piston compression.

May require purchasing a couple tools that most auto parts stores will carry or rent.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The only tool that I had to go out and purchase was a wire brush for a drill so that I could clean off whatever corrosion might be present on the hub/wheel studs before I put the new rotor in. The most "exotic" tool required is a c-clamp so that I can use the old brake pad to compress the pistons before removing the old brake pad.

Machdup1

Established Member
Tonight

Dumping my recycled oil
Returning a core
Cut the Grass

Saturday

Watch F1 Qualifying
Wrench on Vette
Evening Concert: Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang

Sunday

Watch F1 Race
Grill and Chill at home, unless the boating forecast improves, in which case I'll run somewhere in the bay, anchor and chill for a couple of hours.

blackfang

Established Member
Wife and I decided not to go to our cabin this weekend and instead relax this weekend. We went to dinner last night. May do some fishing this weekend, may hit up a bar tonight, who knows.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Being a Homer. That's my weekend. A few months ago a good friend had his wife of 20+ years leave him. I told him to come out to the coast. We'll get together and have a few laughs. He wanted to stay put but last night I get a call saying he's boarding a plane and he'll see me tomorrow. My wife asked if I offered to be nice or because I wanted to help him. Both is the answer. Damnit.

Users who are viewing this thread