What are the canadians running for mods

compcobra

Established Member
Special Blend, did you have any trouble with customs shipping your blower to Stiegemier and back again?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Whipple tensioner showed up today. Everything is ready to go on now, just need some time and get a couple of my buds over.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
compcobra said:
Special Blend, did you have any trouble with customs shipping your blower to Stiegemier and back again?

Actually I bought the blower, TB & Plenum off here for 400 bucks and had the shipped to Stiegemeier. Then after ported sent to me. Took only 6 days from Stiegemeier to my house.
I'm going to put the stock blower, TB & Plenum in storage so I can go back to stock one day.

rotty421

Established Member
Hello

Bought a black 03 vert cobra in November with only 8900k on it. I got the Bassani catback, Bassani X-pipe wo/cats, steeda intake, mgw shifter, BF 2.76 with idlers, BF IRS brace and bracket, Eibach springs, MM FLSC , MM IRS bushings and Gords HE w/screen all waiting to go on.

Got to drive the car home from Calgary and thats it it. I can hardly contain myself waiting for spring. Getting the car tuned in Red Deer at Lightspeed Innovations, although sounds like Martin is the guy with more experience.

Cheers

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
rotty421 said:
Hello

Bought a black 03 vert cobra in November with only 8900k on it. I got the Bassani catback, Bassani X-pipe wo/cats, steeda intake, mgw shifter, BF 2.76 with idlers, BF IRS brace and bracket, Eibach springs, MM FLSC , MM IRS bushings and Gords HE w/screen all waiting to go on.

Got to drive the car home from Calgary and thats it it. I can hardly contain myself waiting for spring. Getting the car tuned in Red Deer at Lightspeed Innovations, although sounds like Martin is the guy with more experience.

Cheers

Sounds very nice. C'mon spring

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
rotty421 said:
Hello

Cheers

Well after that story you better have pics :poke:
Sounds sweet man. A friend of mine in Calgary has a Black 04 vert.

04torchred

Established Member
There are a lot of Terminators in Alberta getting a little extra muscle this spring by the sounds of it. We should try and get a dyno day setup or something, I just need to run mine to verify A/F and see what it lays down. Will finish tuning it on the street after that.

SVTContique

04torchred said:
There are a lot of Terminators in Alberta getting a little extra muscle this spring by the sounds of it. We should try and get a dyno day setup or something, I just need to run mine to verify A/F and see what it lays down. Will finish tuning it on the street after that.

www.svtoa.ca

There is a dyno day setup already in red deer.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Decided to tackle the blower swap on tuesday with the help of a buddy. It went very smoothly and we also stuck on my LFP heat exchanger and whipple tensioner. For those noticing my cowl is all apart because I need to take off my MM Strut tower brace. What a pain in the ass....lol.
IMG_1154Large.jpg

Whipple tensioner and 2.76 pulley.
IMG_1161Large.jpg

Heat exchanger with gaurd
IMG_1162Large.jpg

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
Lookin good man!! Can't wait to get all my crap installed, think the headers are going to take 8hrs, just like they did on my brothers Mach 1. So I figure a good weekend and the car should be ready to rip. Bet you are excited to say the least, what was the install time?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
It took me a little while. I had to take off the strut tower and the bumper cover etc. I total I think it all took about 9 hrs but I wasnt going at a break neck speed that is for sure. I'm sure I could do a blower swap quite quickly now if I did one again.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
It took me a little while. I had to take off the strut tower and the bumper cover etc. I total I think it all took about 9 hrs but I wasnt going at a break neck speed that is for sure. I'm sure I could do a blower swap quite quickly now if I did one again.

That isn't all that bad at all. Hell I think my heat exchanger took me about 3hrs, but that included bending and fitting a screen/guard. I didn't pull the bumper cover, but thinking back it isn't all that hard to do and might have saved me some time. With the weather getting nicer a few of us will have to meet up. I really wanna find someone with a KB or Whipple to bum a ride off or see how the little old eaton stacks up.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Ya I know one guy that is planning on a Whipple. We'll see though. I think that our cars will keep up because he isn't planning on more the 15psi with it anyways.
The only thing i'm still waiting on now is my 18x9, 18x10.5 AFS 03 replicas and my 265/295 kumho MX's. They should be in within the week though.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Ya I know one guy that is planning on a Whipple. We'll see though. I think that our cars will keep up because he isn't planning on more the 15psi with it anyways.
The only thing i'm still waiting on now is my 18x9, 18x10.5 AFS 03 replicas and my 265/295 kumho MX's. They should be in within the week though.

Those will look nice man. Only thing I am half ass concerned about now is that I am probably going to need DR to hook my car up now. I have a feeling you and me both are going to find 1st useless. Post up some pics when the wheels arrive.

04torchred

Established Member
Got the headers installed yesterday! Dropped the k-member after we realized there was no way in hell to get the last bolt onto the primary for cylinder 4. Car sounds mean at WOT, can't even hear the blower whine anymore :banana: :pepper:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Sweet man. Look forward to hearing it. I just paid for my rims and rubber today and it sounds like it should be shipped tomorrow and up here within the week.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Sweet man. Look forward to hearing it. I just paid for my rims and rubber today and it sounds like it should be shipped tomorrow and up here within the week.

Nice, they are going to look great. Should really set the car off with the drop.

Users who are viewing this thread