What clutch are you running on your boosted setup?

joshdj13

Established Member
I'm putting together a whipple setup and will be looking to upgrade the stock clutch at the same time. Looking to get some input on different clutches for the 650+ whp daily driver.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PC03GT

Established Member
I run an rxt with 670 hp, no problems. It takes a while to get use to the clutch. If you have the money I would get a mantic. The rxt is a little too stout for the m82

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I run an rxt with 670 hp, no problems. It takes a while to get use to the clutch. If you have the money I would get a mantic. The rxt is a little too stout for the m82
I also run the RXT with the mt82. Its held up to all the abuse I can throw at it and it hasn't killed the mt82 yet. The car makes 860whp and 750wtq

joshdj13

Established Member
Ive looked at the rst. Its suppose to be rated at 800hp. I'll have to check out mantic. Havent seen anything about them.

Nvm just looked at mantic and holy $h!t almost $2000 for a clutch kit!?!? Thats crazy. I remember only paying like $500 for the clutch kit for my 2v.

PC03GT

Established Member
Ive looked at the rst. Its suppose to be rated at 800hp. I'll have to check out mantic. Havent seen anything about them.

Nvm just looked at mantic and holy $h!t almost $2000 for a clutch kit!?!? Thats crazy. I remember only paying like $500 for the clutch kit for my 2v.

Lmao, this is coyote world buddy, there isn't really anything cheap for our cars

ryan03svt

Established Member
RXT for about 10,000 miles and 20+ passes at the track with no issues. I think it feels pretty close to stock for a performance clutch.

lenny127

Established Member
i have had 2 RST on the MT82 NA .... 1 RXT in MT82 boosted ....and I now run a Magnum XL RXT ..... it works well . I recommend you don't use the rxt on the MT82 unless you don't care about it coming apart on you . RST is a better choice for mt82 ...both are track proven ...but RXT hits harder cause its pucked

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I run the RXT/MT82 with my twin turbo set up. No problems at all other than the noise it makes when you lug it under 1800 rpm's.

SB302

Established Member
I run the RXT/MT82 with my twin turbo set up. No problems at all other than the noise it makes when you lug it under 1800 rpm's.
Yeah, that noise is irritating for a car driven on the street. For that reason only, I will never buy another RST clutch.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have been using the Mcleod RXT on all of our shop cars and all of them have seen plenty of track time and we've had had zero issues with the years of personal experience we having running them on our cars. If your going boost I would definitely recommend going with the RXT over the RST, as the RST is more for bolt on cars.

clinton2003

Established Member
If i were you, id stick with something with a sprung hub. the 800hp RST is ok (slips enough to not put so much stress on trans) the 1000hp RXT is NOT recomended, as it has no slip and shocks the trans to death (i had about 800 rwhp and an RXT. managed to torch 4 MT82's) , the 1200hp RXT has sprung hubs, and is your best bet, although your most expensive.

joshdj13

Established Member
We have been using the Mcleod RXT on all of our shop cars and all of them have seen plenty of track time and we've had had zero issues with the years of personal experience we having running them on our cars. If your going boost I would definitely recommend going with the RXT over the RST, as the RST is more for bolt on cars.

See this will be my daily not a shop/garage queen. If the rxt is going to destroy my trans and the rst isnt good for the track then I'll pass. Im thinking the exedy mach 700 is going to be the way to go. Suppose to good for the track and on the street.

Last edited:

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\The RXT actually makes for a good daily driver. Nice light pedal effort, and very smooth. Just grabs a little faster just like any other aftermarket clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread