What color are the Recaro seats?

CCM302

Established Member
As stated in the subject line, what is the color of the Recaro seats for the '00R? I'm going to buy some straight from Recaro but wasn't sure what the actual color was. They look grey-ish in pictures that I've seen, but wanted to verify. There apparently is an option for black too and several variants with suede, cloth, leather, etc. I'm attempting to match the color already in my car (which I believe to be grey), but if it doesn't, then oh well. Black will be a good accent color. Hah.

nmp1

Established Member
Not sure if recaro has a different color defined for those specific seats but they are black. The interior of the car is ford charcoal grey and the seats bare no resemblance to grey compared to the interior.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Yes, they are black. Here is a pic I took of my my floor mat mod, but you can see the seat color:

47791_EE3-6634-43_C0-8_A72-6650_B1038525.jpg

CCM302

Established Member
Not sure if recaro has a different color defined for those specific seats but they are black. The interior of the car is ford charcoal grey and the seats bare no resemblance to grey compared to the interior.

Cool. Thanks very much.

Goose17

Established Member
Found a few more old pics of my seats:

40408372-5632-4533-_B294-4_F875_CDEA38_A.jpg

024_CE642-_F574-4_DAC-_ACC7-89_A7_DEDDBF73.jpg

3_EF092_AB-_DA9_D-4639-8_FF3-747128686265.jpg

A2_B570_E5-_E0_F7-4_B06-806_D-50549_C483525.jpg

Mwynn

Established Member
Oh hell, I didn't know my 00R recaros had lower thigh support extensions in the seats! Actually ran to the garage to see. Very cool!

Goose17

Established Member
Oh hell, I didn't know my 00R recaros had lower thigh support extensions in the seats! Actually ran to the garage to see. Very cool!

Glad to help!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Just as an FYI, if you go leather, the Recaro "Black" is almost an identical match to the Ford Dark Charcoal. I went with the fully powered "Style Topline" in my Terminator and they are awesome (with matching Graphite Alcantara). Nothing like having heat, and vents and such.

The R seats are just the "Sport" model and you can get them in black cloth although Recaro has limited some of the colors in recent years. They are comfortable, but just don't look as good in plain black. Almost bought a set to go with all my other R parts, but hated the look.

Had to make a custom harness for mine (both are powered), but it turned out great. Definitely worth having all the bells and whistles.

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/recaro_seats.htm

Schroth%20Rallye3.jpg

Recaro%20seats.jpg

Attachments

• Schroth%20Rallye3.jpg
    Schroth%20Rallye3.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Recaro%20seats.jpg
    Recaro%20seats.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

CCM302

Established Member
Just as an FYI, if you go leather, the Recaro "Black" is almost an identical match to the Ford Dark Charcoal. I went with the fully powered "Style Topline" in my Terminator and they are awesome (with matching Graphite Alcantara). Nothing like having heat, and vents and such.

The R seats are just the "Sport" model and you can get them in black cloth although Recaro has limited some of the colors in recent years. They are comfortable, but just don't look as good in plain black. Almost bought a set to go with all my other R parts, but hated the look.

Had to make a custom harness for mine (both are powered), but it turned out great. Definitely worth having all the bells and whistles.

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/recaro_seats.htm

View attachment 1475074

Old picture with FR500 steering wheel that was replaced so it would all match:

View attachment 1475075

Thanks for the tip! And I planned on going with the Sport Topline for all the amenities. Can't pass that up.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The Topline is definitely the way to go, although you have to get creative and build a harness so the power to the seats is switched (it's very easy to leave the fans on all the time, which will wipe out your battery). My site has some details on that, but if a wiring diagram is needed, you can shoot me an e-mail: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread