What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Well I made a dumb decision and only bought one Aeroforce gauge. I got in contact with them and got another with a harness and I”ll put the pair in the SOS pod and sell my steering column pod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do they have to be programmed together? My plan is to run two Aeroforce gauges and I already have one. I'd really like to run an N Gaugexl, but I think they're bigger than the other gauges.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Do they have to be programmed together? My plan is to run two Aeroforce gauges and I already have one. I'd really like to run an N Gaugexl, but I think they're bigger than the other gauges.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I don’t think so but don’t hold me to that. The one I just ordered thru Aeroforce I had them match the options of the other and they sent a cable with it.

Live Wire

Established Member
Buttoned my gal up for the winter :(

But, I did finally grab a vanity plate this summer. I've had her for 6 years and I gave up the search for quite a while as most anything I thought of was either too "meh" or already taken. Then I simplified and surprisingly, it was available.

hiss.jpg

Also, someone asked about Crutchfield on the previous page. Let me just share my recent (last month) experience with them. I bought a home theater receiver and turntable pre-amp from them. When I go the receiver home, I wasn't happy with a couple items and decided to get an upgraded receiver. New receiver included a phone pre-amp so they sent me a new receiver, and paid to ship back the pre-amp and old receiver. Then it price dropped a few days ago so I asked about it (fully content if they said no) and they credited me the $50.

Not always the cheapest for latest models, but there's usually deals for "last years" stuff. More importantly, the customer service is amazing.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Buttoned my gal up for the winter :(

But, I did finally grab a vanity plate this summer. I've had her for 6 years and I gave up the search for quite a while as most anything I thought of was either too "meh" or already taken. Then I simplified and surprisingly, it was available.

hiss.jpg

Also, someone asked about Crutchfield on the previous page. Let me just share my recent (last month) experience with them. I bought a home theater receiver and turntable pre-amp from them. When I go the receiver home, I wasn't happy with a couple items and decided to get an upgraded receiver. New receiver included a phone pre-amp so they sent me a new receiver, and paid to ship back the pre-amp and old receiver. Then it price dropped a few days ago so I asked about it (fully content if they said no) and they credited me the $50.

Not always the cheapest for latest models, but there's usually deals for "last years" stuff. More importantly, the customer service is amazing.

...and 15 years from now, if you have a problem with anything, they will still be more than happy to take the time to help. Crutchfield customer service is awesome. Be been a happy customer of Crutchfield for over 20 years.
What phono preamp did you go with?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Changed the plugs, oil, and fuel filter

And usps brought my new Gates RPM belt today.....woohoo! Ok, I had given up on Gates (both regular and that ugly hd green belt) and been running Gatorbacks for years now.....but I must admit, this RPM belt is hands down the best looking belt I've ever seen. The build quality appears outstanding. I'm going to put it on tomorrow and takes some shots of it mounted. I've got my fingers crossed it works at 22psi as good as it looks.....I think it's going to. Just a solidly built belt thats for sure.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member

And usps brought my new Gates RPM belt today.....woohoo! Ok, I had given up on Gates (both regular and that ugly hd green belt) and been running Gatorbacks for years now.....but I must admit, this RPM belt is hands down the best looking belt I've ever seen. The build quality appears outstanding. I'm going to put it on tomorrow and takes some shots of it mounted. I've got my fingers crossed it works at 22psi as good as it looks.....I think it's going to. Just a solidly built belt thats for sure.
What size did you get? They only have one size too big for me. They dont have the size I need in the RPM. I wish they did.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
What size did you get? They only have one size too big for me. They dont have the size I need in the RPM. I wish they did.

I got the K080751RPM. Thats the factory size I believe. The same size I ran before with the standard gates and HD green. Those both worked for me....but I do have that adjustable whipple tensioner that gives me a huge range. I hope this works like the other Gates....I'd hate to have to return it

Live Wire

Established Member
...and 15 years from now, if you have a problem with anything, they will still be more than happy to take the time to help. Crutchfield customer service is awesome. Be been a happy customer of Crutchfield for over 20 years.
What phono preamp did you go with?

Well it's a long story, but I originally bought a Sony receiver (I knew going in it didn't have a phono input) and pro-ject phono box DS+ to pair with my Pro-ject TT. Not a cheap pre-amp by any means, but I cheaped out on the receiver so I wanted a decent phono pre-amp. The Sony underwhelmed and was short a couple features I decided i wanted (12v trigger, atmos, additional HDMI inputs, etc) so I upgraded to a higher end Onkyo which included a phono stage. I really liked that preamp and hated to send it back... the Onkyo is OK but to my humble ears, the pro-ject had more oomph with bass. I'll probably get it again in the future.

BTW: dunno what happened with my image host, but my lic plate image is back online.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Well it's a long story, but I originally bought a Sony receiver (I knew going in it didn't have a phono input) and pro-ject phono box DS+ to pair with my Pro-ject TT. Not a cheap pre-amp by any means, but I cheaped out on the receiver so I wanted a decent phono pre-amp. The Sony underwhelmed and was short a couple features I decided i wanted (12v trigger, atmos, additional HDMI inputs, etc) so I upgraded to a higher end Onkyo which included a phono stage. I really liked that preamp and hated to send it back... the Onkyo is OK but to my humble ears, the pro-ject had more oomph with bass. I'll probably get it again in the future.

BTW: dunno what happened with my image host, but my lic plate image is back online.

I run a Lounge Audio phono pre and it is absolute musical bliss. I highly recommend it. For the $300 it is a damn great investment, and the owner of the company is easily reachable via the Steve Hoffman forum.
http://www.loungeaudio.com/lcr-mr-iii

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

I had given up on Gates (that ugly hd green belt) I've got my fingers crossed it works at 22psi as good as it looks.....I think it's going to. Just a solidly built belt thats for sure.

Hey now I think the green belts are beautiful. It would really set off the torch red and sonic blue paint lol. I've had good luck with mine once I got the length right

How do you get to 22psi? Lower combo or super small upper?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Hey now I think the green belts are beautiful. It would really set off the torch red and sonic blue paint lol. I've had good luck with mine once I got the length right

How do you get to 22psi? Lower combo or super small upper?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ya I never could get use to the green against the torch red engine bay lol. The fact that it chirped so soon after purchase was salt in the wound. I yanked it out for a gatorback....this was like in '12 or '13

2.6 RR upper and factory lower

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I got the K080751RPM. Thats the factory size I believe. The same size I ran before with the standard gates and HD green. Those both worked for me....but I do have that adjustable whipple tensioner that gives me a huge range. I hope this works like the other Gates....I'd hate to have to return it

I run the factory size with my set up. Do you change yours once a year? If so let me know how it works I may order one. Loving my NOS gatorbelt though. Only has like 500 miles on it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I run the factory size with my set up. Do you change yours once a year? If so let me know how it works I may order one. Loving my NOS gatorbelt though. Only has like 500 miles on it.

Yes, I've changed the belt once a year since I've owned the car. Usually I change the plugs, oil, fuel filter, and belt all at the same time in December

I will certainly let you know what I think of it's sizing and drive performance....I should put some miles on it tomorrow. One thing to keep in mind is the these rpm belts are an aramid tensile cord which is the same material used in bulletproof vests. They do not stretch apparently...even after some heat and use. So sizing is trickier. I've read reports of failures from these belts because people tried to go with too small of a size and put the same old massive tension pressure on them like they would with the other belts.

I'm going to be conservative with the adjustable tensioner and initially set it softer, and see if it holds 22psi without slip.

zredfire04

Established Member
got out in the shed and worked on the tranny i'm building for the car last night. all i have left is setting the countershaft extension shim and final assembly.

received new clutch today (finally. ordered the day before thanksgiving)

hope to get trans swapped out before the end of the year. that should be the last major repair i need to do other than paint.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Yeah i run the whipple tensioner with my TVS but im currently using a green 745 belt and its nice and tight.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Nice you doing the cage yourself? if not what's it costing?. Just looking around price wise. Have a guy here named John T, that does cages for 2800.
The cage is a pre bent from Team Z. I work with another local shop for my chassis work. While I can turn a wrench and really have taken off doing coyote swaps, I outsource my fab work to Vasko his welds are much higher quality than mine.

Having said that, this is a 10 point cage with rocker bars/torque box bars and I'll be in it for a few hundred less than $2,800.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Got the belt on today, took some photos of it. They really don't do it justice. It looks really cool in person. Took a short drive, worked fine. Zero chirping, held boost. We'll see how the longevity goes, but day 1....I give this new gates rpm a big thumbs up

The first few photos are from the plugs n fuel filter change....1 year old on E85 about 1500 miles

24153835747_0521850342_b.jpg

driver side
25147133338_204c839b98_b.jpg

passenger side
25147138138_0cbc4b9aac_b.jpg

fuel filter
25147135798_92f9c83ed0_b.jpg

the belt
39017351551_13274bd9bf_b.jpg

24153828337_7820a11d94_b.jpg

24153832427_b74810ac97_b.jpg

24153825367_9847077dac_b.jpg