What did you do to your Cobra today?

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I had mine detailed a couple of days ago while at work, I took these pics the next morning before work. Since I work at a car dealership in parts, i had our best detailer come in on his day off to do mine up. I usually do my own detailing but the one thing I do not have is a buffer for the paint.

I've only had this Cobra for 13 months and I have hand waxed it 4 times myself. It was time for some buffer love on the paint.

He used a clay bar the paint, Permaplated the paint, Permaplated the interior and detailed under hood. It looks way better in person than the pics can show.

The best part? I Only paid $70 for Everything. Let the hate begin! :pepper:

IMG_3648_zps6nolemdq.jpg

IMG_3647_zps2fxc9ysr.jpg

IMG_3637_zpso7ml53ez.jpg

IMG_3640_zpsfvpwerrf.jpg

My embroidered Cobra mats were pressure washed and extracted. I did not have the pass side one in for this shot. I have to use the black rubber mat when I'm working. Because my boots leave a little bit of black/oily residue on the Cobra mat. Since it's my daily driver I swap it out on the weekends.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I forgot, I also had the drivers bottom left seat bolster re-padded by a vendor we use two weeks ago. That cost me $75. It was broken down when I got it and I'm the 3rd owner. The side bolster is still perfect. Sorry, no before/after pics on that work :(

Ron

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I really wish they had that tan and black interior in the 01-04s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96mystic#899

Established Member
today i started on a supercharger install. got it mounted and did the coolant crossover tubes and i put the belt on.
tomorrow i will remove the old injectors because I'm waiting on my 80lb and my aeromotive 340 pump.

Last edited:

Snagmaster

Established Member
I finally finished my mods, Steeda springs, X2 ball joints, CC plates, QA1 bumpsteer kit, prothane isolaters, diff and front control arm bushings, swaybar bushings, Whiteline single adjustable upper CA's, Edelbrock/Hotchkis lower CA's, Powerstop A-23 ceramic pads F&R, 245/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, JLT Separator, SCT 4 bank chip.

I did all the work myself over a period of five weeks, two days, I'm pretty disabled due to arthritis and having been a Bering Sea Crabber from 81-89 and a motorcycle wreck or two, I worked heavy construction and got a shattered right leg doing that.

I retired at 50 due to the above and ended my career as a heavy equipment mechanic (civilian) for the Army at Ft Lewis Washington in 2010, I've built dozens of cars in my life but had not since 2004, I could have banged the Cobra out in a week a few years back but after this build I think I'm done.

I'd like to thank all the owners on here who've been patient with my endless questions about these cars, without the help I've gotten from here I would have been lost as I had zero experience working on them, and no idea of what to buy without ending up with regrets or a mismatched bunch of parts.

And now I'm just going to drive and enjoy the the hell out of it.

Thanks to all

venomizd93

Established Member
Those came out great. What did u due to the lettering? Just polished them up?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah it was all powdercoated over and I taped off the caliper around the lettering and 600 grit orbital palm sanded to take off the coating finished with 1000 and 2000. Or you can have high temp vinyl stickers made lol.

redrocket16

Established Member
Finally got around to modding my fog light brackets to accept an 03-04 housing. Welded up a couple tabs to mount the 03-04 lights and bolted them up. I haven't had a chance to install these in the car just yet so I will get those pictures up asap. I ended up not swapping the figlight pigtails over to 96-98 after the swap and just left the 03-04 style there for this reason. Plus, it should fill the bumper opening nicely.

IMG_0269_zps1rgqhqnx.jpg

IMG_0270_zpsh52cgyyi.jpg

IMG_0271_zpsv9wveuhu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread