What did you do to your Cobra today?

nxhappy

Established Member
well....still working on the damn 3rd brake light

guerilla glue did NOT hold well. while putting the light back in the slot (very carefully) the damn ends broke off ! I was friggen pissed lol. So this time I am using real epoxy. Im gonna put some tint vinyl on it as well. fingers crossed.

cheaneyt

Established Member
well....still working on the damn 3rd brake light

guerilla glue did NOT hold well. while putting the light back in the slot (very carefully) the damn ends broke off ! I was friggen pissed lol. So this time I am using real epoxy. Im gonna put some tint vinyl on it as well. fingers crossed.
Good luck bro

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

dodint

Established Member
Just bought mine a few weeks ago, building it up for road racing HPDE's. First day to really get into it.

Nice maintenance day for the Mustang.

Started off by doing the seat mod, as I'm 6'4". Basically you take the seat off of the factory mount and bolt it back on 2" farther back. It doesn't sound like much but it has allowed me to sit father back, rotate my hips some, and sit straighter up. Now my ankles are not bent almost backwards to work the clutch. And since my torso is still in the same basic position I can work the shifter and steering wheel just fine. And my head is in the sweet spot of the roof where wearing a helmet won't be an issue. I did the passenger side as well so my tall friend won't appear to have his knees on the dash anymore. I found $4.03 in change under seat, so this 'mod' actually generated cash.
I painted the ends of the rails black so they wouldn't stick out against the black interior, looks good.

I had a CEL complaining about the emissions equipment, so I replaced a purge valve, purge solenoid, and a the vacuum lines that connect them. They were all rotted off. Car seems to idle smoother and feels a little more responsive, could be in my head but the motor just feels tightened up somehow.

Did an oil change. Mobil1 5w20 with a Mobil1 filter. Also a few ounces of Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer.

Fixed the odometer gears, sorta. Someone had gone in and tried to fix the gears by putting in new ones. Unfortunately they installed the worm gear on the electric motor slightly incorrectly and the gears were not touching. Slipped the gear down about a millimeter and now the odometer and tripometer are functional. Important so I can get my emissions exemption next year (gotta demonstrate being under 5,000 miles/year).

Checked on the general health of some of the basic things. Pads look brand new, doubt I'll replace them before the first track day. The air filter (a reusable K&N) was filthy. We had to take the fender well off and a giant pile of leaves and dirt fell out, fun. Need to pick up some plastic clips for that fender well cover as almost all were missing or broken. Threads on the oil pan plug are slightly off so I need to pick a new one up for next time.

Good first wrenching session with the car. Been fun lurking here but I should chime in from time to time.

cheaneyt

Established Member
2162e08b5ee94884dd8477cc2c863752.jpg
ordered her some new eyes. All parts are arriving on time. Will post mods accordingly

HiPlains

Established Member
Where do I begin.....the following will be done by springtime ...

- Complete motor rebuild with Fox Lake ported heads
- Vortech T-trim blower refresh
- IMRC deletes
- Oil separator
- Pro Force built T45 transmission
- McLeod Street Extreme 26 spline clutch
- MGW confort handle shifter with Lethal stainless gripper knob
- O/R xpipe w/MIL's
- Maganaflow Competition cat-back
- IMRC deletes
- Autometer Phantom II guages w/pillar and dash pods
- 18" AM Deep dish chrome bullitt rims
- 315 Nitto NT05R's

New dyno #'s to follow.

cheaneyt

Established Member
Nothing today, waiting on clutch to arrive then it's game on. Needing front spring isolators to arrive as well. Clutch will be here first so, longtubes and clutch will go in at same time. Then during the clutch break in period suspension will be changed out.

WOLVERINE03

Established Member
Hey guys! I have a 2003 whipple Cobra, radiator fan only turns on when you turn the a/c on, does the fan have a relay in the fuse box? Is it the CCRM in the pass. Side fender ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

cheaneyt

Established Member
Hey guys! I have a 2003 whipple Cobra, radiator fan only turns on when you turn the a/c on, does the fan have a relay in the fuse box? Is it the CCRM in the pass. Side fender ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Yes has a relay and yes should be in pass side fender well

ForcFed93

Established Member
Just got my new to me 1997 Pacific Green Cobra last Tuesday. I was on this site back in 2005 when I had a different Pacific Green Cobra.

All stock, 68k miles. Just doing some maintenance and freshening it up for now.

DBFED310-E6C0-4952-9F46-BFC237AD2097_zps0thsyoh5.jpg

Odo_zpskuxqdeuc.jpg

Interior4_zpssmroggf9.jpg

F76E0C21-F396-44A0-B704-01612AA950BD_zpsgbok15fb.jpg

Already ditched the stock shifter (useless IMO) for a Steeda Tri-ax.

78DDCB68-B7B4-4628-97D3-D09D77B81707_zpsgblisk71.jpg

Got my SiriusXM dock temporarily installed.

E7F631BD-A5B2-4742-846B-4D119F68021B_zpspn3sonkg.jpg

And so far I've done:

Fuel filter, Air filter, and PCV valve. Have oil and filter but it has a fresh change from the dealer already in it.

I also have new plugs (Autolite XP104) and wires (FRPP 9mm) ready to go in. Since it still has the 1997 date coded wires, I think it was due.

Hope to add more to this thread as I go along.

cheaneyt

Established Member
592a8420ae62dbaa92b6bbf080194e6e.jpg
made appointment for clutch and longtubes for Wed. They even sent me a new license plate frame

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Experiencing some cutting out and loss of power when accelerating...
Got a bad header leak fixed yesterday, helped some. Checking spark plug gap and putting on new motorcraft coil packs this weekend.
Scheduled a dyno tune for second Friday in March*; car was last on the dyno in 2006. Video to come.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread