What makes the Boss special to you?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Ive never been a fan of the GB color (little to loud for me). Your s550 is more my style as far as color goes.

But DAMN. Your Boss was stunning and I wouldn't think twice about owning it.

Once my Shelby sells, I might find my way back into a Coyote-platform car. Still undecided on a 13 Boss or a new, left over '17 s550.

Thanks man.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Having owned a number of the New Edge mustangs, including an 04 modified Cobra (and now an SN95 Cobra), my 12 Boss was far and away the best of them. The handling and the old school sound with the track key and the baffle less side pipes were intoxicating and the car could really get up and go. And it's nice to have a Mustang that really stands out from the crowd; never had so many thumbs up and compliments as I did in the Boss.

The best part of all was tracking the car and really getting to understand what it was about/designed for.

I miss the car and now find myself considering getting another one.....or it's successor the GT350.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
The '12-13' Boss Mustangs define the word 'special' because Ford kept the production numbers down, and had a first class engineering team produce a car that lived up to its namesake. I sold my 6 month old G37S 6spd (hated the grabby clutch) and actually ended up buying a winter car since all the local dealers in the NorthEast wanted a 5-10k markup. Glad I waited for the 2013 and was able to find a dealer that had 1 allocation that hadn't been spoken for and was got it for sticker. Never was I so happy to pay full MSRP for something this cool.

After my wife got her '11 and I drove that 6spd, I knew I had to have a Boss, even if I had to wait a year, it was well worth it. Upgraded stainless brake lines, GT500 mufflers, DSS Alum shaft and MGW makes this Mustang handle and sound incredible.

20662771821_9dba3f2cda_h.jpg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looking good Ace, waiting for the ‘13 worked out for you. It’s amazing how few Boss 302s are around. I go to several C&C events every year. One has 1500-2000 cars there every month... at most there are one or two other Boss’s there, yet dozens on GT350s and even more of GT500s. As I drive my Boss now, the only thing that is a downer is how old tech the technology in the car is. But that’s not it’s purpose. I only drive it for fun drives, car shows or the rare track event anyway so it’s perfect for that.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
I know what you mean about the lack of tech, at least the 13 has USB and Sync. I upgraded the crap stereo with a Maestro kit and a Kenwood head unit that added Nav, so I really can’t complain. I just got a 2017 Ridgeline with all the bells and whistles, and do enjoy the modern features.

Last year I picked up a 95 Impala SS and installed a big brake kit on it. It cracks me up to see the power radio antenna poke up out of the front fender when you turn on the radio. It’s great to have such a cruise-mobile in contrast to the Boss, makes me appreciate it more. If I want to catch a Sox game and go into Boston with a couple friends, its perfect. Hoping after my son drives it a few years he’ll get something for himself so I can fool around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread