What RPM you're shifting at

calebdnehus

Established Member
Hi all, quick question. I have been reading about how the computer in the S550 can process well in the 7000 rpm's range. I just wanted to know what everyone considers "the MAX safe" rpm for stock internals? What are you shifting at and what mods do you have? I've got a VMP going on and I'm trying to decide where I want to have my WOT shift points at. Last car I had was a 16 and I didnt go much past 6800-7000 on an AED tune with full exhaust and E85.

Shaun@AED

Hit 8972RPM the other day spinning at the track. Data logged it, no valve float, no issues with VCT, no spark issues, etc.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Hit 8972RPM the other day spinning at the track. Data logged it, no valve float, no issues with VCT, no spark issues, etc.

Good lord. I had to read that twice just to make sure I saw the numbers right. Thats a shit ton of RPM right there. lol

I guess I've got some room over 7000 then from what yall've said so far.

barstowpo

Established Member
Regularly 8000. Pulls to the rev limiter at 8250 according to the butt dyno. My rear tires lasted 10,000 miles though.

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
Well I shouldnt have problem going into the 7's then. I was wary of running up past 6800-7000 with the blower on it but the general consensus here seems to be they can handle it no problem.

I'm using a roush based blower and Shaun has me datalog to 7500rpm. I'm confident that he wouldn't have me do it if it wasn't safe

calebdnehus

Established Member
I'm using a roush based blower and Shaun has me datalog to 7500rpm. I'm confident that he wouldn't have me do it if it wasn't safe

Shoot, I've had Shaun tune my last 2 cars. I'd run with anything he's told just because of how confident I am with his work. I plan on having him tune this VMP kit once I recover a little from buying it. Saw the other day beefcake having a sale on the same kit I bought from the VMP site. Would have saved me $500 if I waited until this weekend to buy from beefcake :mad:

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
Shoot, I've had Shaun tune my last 2 cars. I'd run with anything he's told just because of how confident I am with his work. I plan on having him tune this VMP kit once I recover a little from buying it. Saw the other day beefcake having a sale on the same kit I bought from the VMP site. Would have saved me $500 if I waited until this weekend to buy from beefcake :mad:

Ouch! Even vmp is doing 7% off their whole site this weekend. Bad timing

Users who are viewing this thread