What the best way to put 1000+hp down on the street

SirShaun

Established Member
Automatic with a loose converter.

More realistically, a nice pair of drag springs, and viking double adjustable shocks, in the rear, probably make the most difference. You want the shock to compress/squat without bottoming out, while setting the rebound high to keep it from unloading.

Pair front struts the opposite. Low/Quick Rebound, High Compression so the front doesn't come down.

Stiffen up the rear with a nice Upper Control Arm along with Adjustable Lower Control Arms. Do LCA Relocation Brackets. Lowest hole provides a lot of anti squat, hits harder. (weight transfers to the tires faster)

A good drag radial will surprise you.

Last edited:

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
Thanks for the input. Ill get the car back together and take a few videos.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As stated 315/60/15 MT is great but if you already have 18s my experience with Hoosier DR2 pro compound 325/45/30s will blow your mind for hooking big street power. Both are 30" tall so on my car at stock height they fit. I love mine combo with 4.10 rear 2.66 first Magnum XL.
Mine is 965/840 at the tires for reference.
-J

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
I was just shy of your power level last year. The gen2r i ran was just a stepping stone for me as well. What width rim should i go with for a 15"?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
15x10-12"
I've ran the 315/60/15 on 10s and 12s on my minitubbed Fox and I was going to go with a beadlock 11-12"
To be honest the 325/50/15 looked the best on a 12"
I'll try to load a pic later on this thread but if you look at the '13-14 section recent pics thread you'll see the 325/45 Hoosier daddy on 18x10.5" Darkstars. I was shocked when after a burnout they hooked second HARD on a road that wasn't really warm. Made the 2-4 gear pull crazy fast on the street when I got the car back from the 965rwhp tune. It's a tall tire like the 315/60/15 but really that's what you want in a high power car.
The 275 Pro will alsp be good but the track is where it shines, the taller tires have more chance on the street.
Good luck and post some pics when you decide!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread