What tire you running on rear 20x9.5?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Ditto. Great fitment with a great tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have a winner! How's the traction? A friend of mine with a '13 is looking to run this. I've got 315's but I told him I was confident that a narrower 888 would be great due to the compound.

NJredfire03

Established Member
We have a winner! How's the traction? A friend of mine with a '13 is looking to run this. I've got 315's but I told him I was confident that a narrower 888 would be great due to the compound.

I had stock pulley, intake, tb, intake elbow and the tires GRIPPED. If you're upwards close to 700rwhp this tire will not be great. 6-650 is their threshold.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I had stock pulley, intake, tb, intake elbow and the tires GRIPPED. If you're upwards close to 700rwhp this tire will not be great. 6-650 is their threshold.

He's modded exactly like me. 2.4, twin 67, tune. 675 RWHP so he should be golden.
I can try to dent the floorboard from a 5mph roll & they stick 100%.
Incredible tire!

rwleonard

Established Member
Seriously, if you want to mount anything bigger than a 285, exchange the wheels for the 10.5" version. Sure a bigger tire can be physically forced to fit, but check into what the tire manufacturers recommend for a given tire size. There's a reason for that recommendation.

There is a 10.5" version available? I can't find them on line.

rwleonard

Established Member
Are you referring to the "GT500 Style" wheels listed there, not something through FRPP?

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
For street use, I only have 3 thoughts---NT555R, R888, or MPSS (about the be MP4S).
Saving money on rear rubber just hurts the enjoyment of these cars.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread