What to do before going to a tuning shop 08 GT500 ...

1969+GT500

Established Member
So currently away from America soaking up tax free savings and "wasting", I mean purchasing many mods for my "1969" Mustang. Currently it is a 100% stock 2008 5.4 GT500. My question is what all can I put on before going to a professional tuner and what recommendations do those who have already accomplished this task recommend? The only thing I have installed on it so far is a larger aftermarket heat exchanger and a S/C coolant pump from a 2013. And one piece aluminum driveshaft. If I install everything do I need to have the car towed to the shop or what do I need to install or not install?

Purchase list so far waiting to be installed:
SCT X4 Tuner
Steeda 114mm CAI
2.7 S/C pulley
VMP Mono blade (2175cfm)
DI1000cc Fuel Injectors
MSS Auxilary S/C Tensioner
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Borla Long tube headers + complete exhaust
Steeda oil separator kit

Secondly I have purchased:
UPR adjustable bracket kit + double adjustable control arms
UPR adjustable motor mounts
Drilled + slotted rotors with ceramic pads
Eibach pro-kit springs
any recommendations on handling and braking upgrades will also be appreciated

Not wanting to build an all out drag car just some extra speed. I will be happy around the 600HP range. future mods I have been looking into is the 2013 Blower upgrade and eventually a new clutch.

1969+GT500

Established Member
Update purchased 2013 2.3L S/C to bolt on when I get home. Debating on purchasing DERIVE from SCT to tune myself. Is this a good idea as in is DERIVE user friendly or should I save heartache and take it to someone.

15PSI

Established Member
I have used SCT Pro Racer for years. I went to HPTuners. Best forum and the VCM Suite has the best datalogger (scanner) on the market. Eric Brooks is their Ford guy and is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced tuners I know.

Users who are viewing this thread