What to do for 93 street and C85 track?

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
So there is no e85 available in my area and instead of running c16 like I used to at the track, I was wondering if it's safe and ok for the fuel system to run 93 for everyday and just switch the tune when at the track and run c85. What if there's a gallon of 93 left in my tank before I hit the track? It's not like I can drain it dry every time. Whether its c16 leaded and 93 unleaded there is no issue mixing the remnants but what about unleaded and ethanol based?

I'm guessing all I'd need is injectors for my application as well right?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
As long as you have enough fuel system, pump, injector, etc. and are tuned for it, there is no reason you can't run it.

It would be a lot better on your engine than leaded race gas.

It will mix perfectly with gasoline as most gas is ethanol added anyway. E10.

If there is a little left in your tank, I would just tune for it with exactly how you would mix it going to the track and it will be fine.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
As long as you have enough fuel system, pump, injector, etc. and are tuned for it, there is no reason you can't run it.

It would be a lot better on your engine than leaded race gas.

It will mix perfectly with gasoline as most gas is ethanol added anyway. E10.

If there is a little left in your tank, I would just tune for it with exactly how you would mix it going to the track and it will be fine.

Oh really? Ok good to know, I've heard that it's not good to mix them. Think I may just get a set of ID1300's this summer and a tune then. I'm pretty sure my stock fuel pumps can handle the work. If you had to guess how much power would I increase from current of 690rwhp on 93?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You would at least need injectors and BAP at minimum. I'm sure the dual 40 amp BAP would work.

Users who are viewing this thread