• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Fox Body Mustangs' started by silver03svt, Sep 5, 2017.

1. silver03svt

silver03svt Heavy Handed Guidance Counselor Staff Member Super Moderator

Going to take a look at a 1989 LX 5.0 convertible with 5-speed in 2 nights. The car has 87,000 original miles, never wrecked, and bone stock. It's white with white top, and grey cloth interior. Car is still on it's second owner who bought it back in 1990 from a young lady that couldn't keep up on the payments.

The owners now rarely drive it because of health issues, and are looking to sell. They want it to go to somebody who will appreciate the car and not use it as a daily and tear it up. They have no set price on it, just want a reasonable offer on it.

Realistically, I am thinking 5k-6k. I am in the right ball park, or way off?

2. TK1299

TK1299 Well-Known Member Established Member

there has been a slight uptick with foxes. I don't think 7k is an outrageous price based on the description. If you ask 5-6k and get it then you will get a good deal on it. Good luck. Sounds like a fun cruiser

silver03svt likes this.
  3. StrayBullitt

StrayBullitt Active Member Established Member

If you are thinking 5k.. they are probably thinking 10k. Just my personal exp. Lol. But good luck on the purchase.

4. BlksvtCobra01

BlksvtCobra01 Well-Known Member Established Member

If you get it for 5-6K you will have done well imho. FWIW I have a 92 GT with 87K original miles on it. Valve covers or intake have never been off. 5-spd with the optional 3.08 gears. Wild strawberry titanium. Sunroof car, grey cloth. I'm the third owner actually title says 4th though because I bought it in high school and paid my rents back. I wouldn't let go for less than 10K. That's because clean GT's, and LX's are harder to find. Vert's are more of a nich market. Some of it is sentimental seeing as it was my 1st car lol. I actually just got historical plates this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. silver03svt

silver03svt Heavy Handed Guidance Counselor Staff Member Super Moderator

Looked at the car, and it was very nice. Well taken care of, but it really needed a thorough cleaning and detailing. Has never been wrecked. She was a little much, I think mostly because of sentimental value.

6. HausCobra

HausCobra Member Established Member

Similiar situation I am thinking about a 1991 LX 5.0 5 speed with 60k miles all original everything. Paint and vin tags no accidents. BONE STOCK down to the factory air silencer. 3 owner car with original female owner from 1991-2015 always garaged. Comes with window sticker, all books and manuals and original purchase documents. Would $7k be a good buy. They are asking $8900

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

7. Hwy. Chile

Hwy. Chile Member Established Member

About $4000-5000

8. HausCobra

I think 4-5 is very low. 150k miles beat up cars go for that

BlksvtCobra01 likes this.
  9. Hwy. Chile

Hwy. Chile Member Established Member

I just track a lot of 87-93 5.0 lx convertibles for sale on eBay since I have an 89, and see a lot of cars go unsold in the 5-10k range. I agree 4-5 is low and is what I would offer as a buyer. As an owner I'm hoping they are closer to 6,000. Once you get up near 10k you are looking at clean notchback prices. I think. Probably depends a lot on part of the country your in and history, transmission etc.

10. TK1299

TK1299 Well-Known Member Established Member

eBay really isn't the best barometer for judging value of vehicles. A lot of factors come into play with all that.

nxhappy and BlksvtCobra01 like this.
  11. nxhappy

nxhappy Vette Killer Established Member

in my area a clean fox is 5-6k. A Very clean one is 7-8k. Immaculate would be like 10 grand.

12. HausCobra

He SOLD it

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app