Whats up with all the 2011 GT threads being moved

01bluesnake

Established Member
The threads are being moved to the correct sections so that this one isn't being cluttered with random threads like plate ideas, rebates, and other stuff. Most of the time if you post in the correct section, you can also learn how to search for things in the proper section which will cut down on not needed threads.

What ever happened to people using search function to get answers, is everyone really that lazy now?

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
seriously the search function sucks on here. and yes i know how to use it properly. still like the site just dont really like the search...

i dont like the tech and non tech idea b/c i wanna come in here and see anything related to the 2011+ mustang and not have to go to the pics and vids area and sort through all the retarded shit that gets posted there.

now i do agree that people shouldn't be posting crap like "what colors do mustangs come in" or "thinking about buying a 2011+, look at this gt500 video"

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
seriously the search function sucks on here. and yes i know how to use it properly. still like the site just dont really like the search...

i dont like the tech and non tech idea b/c i wanna come in here and see anything related to the 2011+ mustang and not have to go to the pics and vids area and sort through all the retarded shit that gets posted there.

now i do agree that people shouldn't be posting crap like "what colors do mustangs come in" or "thinking about buying a 2011+, look at this gt500 video"

I concur

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
We have been trying to clean up this section a little. Most of what has been moved is: Went to the track last night, What will I run, ...etc.

We are still expressing a little lattitude when it comes to threads. Don't worry, everything won't be moved.

01bluesnake

Established Member

Part of the reason the search sucks, is because there are too many people making the same threads one after another and posting too many random threads that don't belong in this section that the search will list if a keyword is used in the useless thread. So in actuality, we really do need to clean up the section, and will actually have a better search function.

If people (not directed at anyone specific) learn where to search for their questions, a lot of this section will clean up for the better.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
We have been trying to clean up this section a little. Most of what has been moved is: Went to the track last night, What will I run, ...etc.

We are still expressing a little lattitude when it comes to threads. Don't worry, everything won't be moved.

ok but will you move the "i went to the track" threads when they have time slips and a list of mods? or am i gonna have to search the pic and vids area for a post about a 2011 GT running good times?

what i mean about the search is i seriously once made a thread just to see if it was me screwing the search up. sure enough 10 mins after i made my thread i searched for it in the correct location using the EXACT thread topic and it didnt pop up in my search. i used the key word with in the thread and also just the title and nothing. it has nothing to do with posting stuff in the wrong area really, at least in my case.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
ok but will you move the "i went to the track" threads when they have time slips and a list of mods? or am i gonna have to search the pic and vids area for a post about a 2011 GT running good times?

what i mean about the search is i seriously once made a thread just to see if it was me screwing the search up. sure enough 10 mins after i made my thread i searched for it in the correct location using the EXACT thread topic and it didnt pop up in my search. i used the key word with in the thread and also just the title and nothing. it has nothing to do with posting stuff in the wrong area really, at least in my case.

Exactly!!!! I posted my times and everything about my runs at the track last night including THREE pics on my car, and it gets moved to the pics and video buffet???? How about the fact that I ran my car at the track and was asking how to get lower times and which drag radials to use???

01bluesnake

Established Member
Exactly!!!! I posted my times and everything about my runs at the track last night including THREE pics on my car, and it gets moved to the pics and video buffet???? How about the fact that I ran my car at the track and was asking how to get lower times and which drag radials to use???

Your thread should of been moved to the time slip section where others make the same thread you just did, and where you would find answers on what drag radial to run. If you run a search on drag radial in that section or try just radial, you will get all the info you need.

01bluesnake

Established Member

using search takes a little effort due to choosing a vague word to get a specific answer, will instead give a bunch of threads. If you try searching a more specific keyword, it will only knock it down to those that contain that. You can also do advanced search if you want to by section, date, and user with even more precise results.

Last edited:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Your thread should of been moved to the time slip section where others make the same thread you just did, and where you would find answers on what drag radial to run. If you run a search on drag radial in that section or try just radial, you will get all the info you need.

and I wouldve been fine if it was moved there. I will not get a single response in the "buffet" section it was moved to

01bluesnake

Established Member
and I wouldve been fine if it was moved there. I will not get a single response in the "buffet" section it was moved to

Sometimes the mods get busy, and lately been trying to clean up the section and may of misplaced the thread due to the pics.

Svtp has a lot of good sections for info, and search can actually work very good when used to its ability. If you need more specific threads on info, try using advanced with only the key word like "radial, blower, turbo" and so on.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Not what I read. It was a basic reflection of your track night with friends and multiple pics of your car. I don't see any question about asking which DR's...

Me and 2 friends decided to go out to raceway park in Englishtown, NJ to see what our cars could run. This was my first time ever out on a track, but I think I did pretty well despite the heat of the night and the little bit of spin I was getting with my nitto's.

Car has auto trans -- Steeda CAI -- Steeda tune -- Lethal o/r x -- Roush mufflers -- 285 nitto nt555's

First run was right off the highway with maybe 20mins of cool time and was nervous as hell as this was my first time ever approaching the tree, but I managed to cut a 12.7 @ 107 with a 2.1 60ft. Second run was a little better and the car got to cool down for about an hour and I ran 12.5 @ 111mph with a 2.0 60ft. The last run of the night was my favorite, even though it wasnt the fastest, as I ran a 2011 camaro ss with drag radials and beat him!!! I ran a 12.6 @ 111.8mph with a 2.16 60ft. I was not ready for this last run at all as I approached the tree second and barely had time to prepare for the launch.

All in all I definitely had a TON of fun though and will definitely be going back more often. I would like to get a set of drag radial before my next time out though, and I am seriously considering going with a tune from Shaun @ AED to help drop my times a little lower.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Sometimes the mods get busy, and lately been trying to clean up the section and may of misplaced the thread due to the pics.

Svtp has a lot of good sections for info, and search can actually work very good when used to its ability. If you need more specific threads on info, try using advanced with only the key word like "radial, blower, turbo" and so on.

Yep, busy with full time jobs. Most of us do this in our spare time or throughout the day.

I am not going to get super hardcore and move every single non tech thread, and may express a little lattitude so long as the thread pertains to the users personal car.

It is a work in progress and will appreciate everyones patience. It is ok to ask a question, but becareful not to question/ridicule moderation.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Yep, busy with full time jobs. Most of us do this in our spare time or throughout the day.

I am not going to get super hardcore and move every single non tech thread, and may express a little lattitude so long as the thread pertains to the users personal car.

It is a work in progress and will appreciate everyones patience. It is ok to ask a question, but becareful not to question/ridicule moderation.

Agree. Definitely appreciate the effort to clean it up and control the section while handling your daily life. Thanks

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I personally think ANYTHING and EVERYTHING relating to the 2011+ Mustang GT should be posted here. There really isnt that much new content daily to look through. Plus if you dont like the name of the thread then dont open it. Why would I want to look in different sections for 2011+ Mustang GT content? Doesnt make any sense to me. Just my 2¢

Users who are viewing this thread