Wheel rechrome

bigmoose

Established Member
Has anyone had their wheels rechromed near RI? Any pics and ideas on cost would be helpful.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I am close to you (Middletown). A couple of months ago I almost bought a set of wheels, but they needed re-chroming. I called around. I figured there would EASILY be somewhere close by that would do it, as I've had a ton of chrome jobs done in the past in Fall River or Providence.

I called a few shops. No joy. There's plenty of places that will refinish or repair painted wheels, but not chrome. Finally I got one guy in Fall River who really seemed to know his stuff and I asked him where closest wheel chrome shop is, and he said PA....... ugh

I hope you have better luck.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I've looked high and low to re-do my Afs replica wheels.. No luck, It's way to much $$$ to ship them out and have re chromed.. The face of the wheel are perfect. The inner barrels started peeling 3 years ago. So my wheel guy is going to sand them down, prime then and paint the inner barrels a fine silver color. Won't be perfect, but it'll be ton better looking.
He's charging me $400.00

bigmoose

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. That's a bummer there is no one local. I found one place in Providence but it looks like it shut down a few years ago.

I figured if I has to ship out it would be cost prohibitive.

Users who are viewing this thread