Wheel size help

semperfimrn1

Established Member
Looking at some new wheels. Need help to determine if they'll fit on the Mach. Tried searching with no luck.

Fronts would be 18x9.5 with a 30mm offset
Rears would be 18x10.5 with a 22mm offset.

More concerned with the fronts as I would be running a 275/35 tire.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
How low is the car?
A 275/35 18 should fit just fine on a 9.5 wheel and the 10.5 should fit depending on your tire width.
The backspacing seems right on.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I'm running an 18x10 with 25mm offset up front with a 275/35. It barely clears the caliper. I wouldn't go further.

In a full-lock right hand turn, something rubs in the passenger side wheel well. Steeda makes limiting clips for the steering, like the ones the terminators have, but I just made the adjustment in how I drive instead. My car is pretty low, but not slammed.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Looking at some new wheels. Need help to determine if they'll fit on the Mach. Tried searching with no luck.

The size rim and tire won't be the concern. It's the front rim I would check clearance on. If you currently have factory 03 cobra wheels then the offset should be +26mm. You can measure from the back side of the front wheel to potential contact points (front control arm at full lock, strut housing, fender liner, etc). The +30mm 9.5 wheel should move the wheel inward an additional 4mm + the extra 1/4 inch additional with of the rim. It will probably be pretty close but it may fit. Just be sure to measure everything a couple times to be sure. And if they don't clear and you really want that particular rim choice you can always just add a 4-8mm spacer.

fitforspeed

Established Member
The size rim and tire won't be the concern. It's the front rim I would check clearance on. If you currently have factory 03 cobra wheels then the offset should be +26mm. You can measure from the back side of the front wheel to potential contact points (front control arm at full lock, strut housing, fender liner, etc). The +30mm 9.5 wheel should move the wheel inward an additional 4mm + the extra 1/4 inch additional with of the rim. It will probably be pretty close but it may fit. Just be sure to measure everything a couple times to be sure. And if they don't clear and you really want that particular rim choice you can always just add a 4-8mm spacer.

Just realized you have a Mach. Not sure of the factory offset on those wheels, but I would imagine it to be similar to the 03 cobra wheels.

fitforspeed

Established Member

Ok did some research and seems that the factory wheels on machs, if that is what you have is 17x8 +30mm. So if you still have your factory wheels on you would be looking at an additional 3/4 inch less clearance to the inside. And on the rear, AFS 18x10.5 claims to be a +27mm .offset. So you would be looking at potentially and additional 5 mm further to the outside of an what an AFS wheel is if that helps you visualize. So depending on tire size you would probably definitely need to roll the fenders. But then again I'm not 100% sure because being you have a straight axle its probably slightly different than the IRS that I'm used to dealing with. Hope any of this helps.

semperfimrn1

Established Member
Ok did some research and seems that the factory wheels on machs, if that is what you have is 17x8 +30mm. So if you still have your factory wheels on you would be looking at an additional 3/4 inch less clearance to the inside. And on the rear, AFS 18x10.5 claims to be a +27mm .offset. So you would be looking at potentially and additional 5 mm further to the outside of an what an AFS wheel is if that helps you visualize. So depending on tire size you would probably definitely need to roll the fenders. But then again I'm not 100% sure because being you have a straight axle its probably slightly different than the IRS that I'm used to dealing with. Hope any of this helps.

Thank you for your input. The rear tires would be a 315/35/18. I am currently running a 315/17 tire now with the DD machs. The mach does have the IRS in the rear. I am 100% sure my fenders will need to be rolled. It's been awhile since i have done any modding to the mach. It has factory mach wheels up front on a 255 tire. I was concerned mostly with the fronts being a 9.5 with the +30mm offset.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Thank you for your input. The rear tires would be a 315/35/18. I am currently running a 315/17 tire now with the DD machs. The mach does have the IRS in the rear. I am 100% sure my fenders will need to be rolled. It's been awhile since i have done any modding to the mach. It has factory mach wheels up front on a 255 tire. I was concerned mostly with the fronts being a 9.5 with the +30mm offset.

fitforspeed

Established Member

I think you'll be fine with your offset. And I think you probably meant a 315/30/18 tire. A 315/35/18 might be a little tall.

Users who are viewing this thread