Which O/R pipe with flowmasters?

4vRedone

Banned
Look at the muffler case and see what the muffler looks like im pretty sure they're gonna be your generic flowmaster 40s. If youre lucky youll have super 44s (better sound IMO)

Get a mac h pipe or a bbk h pipe.

Then enjoy classic sound.

greenscobie86

Established Member
I have a UPR O/R X and Flows and my car crackles and pops pretty hard. I dont mind it.

The drone at 70mph with 4.10's is something different altogether though. Ha.

ConeCrusher281

Established Member
Okay, this is my last question. Would the bbk O/R h pipe for the 96-96 mustang gt (from american muscle) also fit the cobra, or should I get one specific for the 4V?

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I had the UPR O/R X with 40 series, I loved the sound... but I blew the baffles out of both and then split the top of my drivers side muffler wide open..only 3 years old, with 2 seven month deployments

Quin

Established Member
I had the UPR O/R X with 40 series, I loved the sound... but I blew the baffles out of both and then split the top of my drivers side muffler wide open..only 3 years old, with 2 seven month deployments

Funny that you say that because I ran a Bassani OR X and blew the baffles out of my 40s too. Sounded awesome until then though. Drone wasn't that bad IMO.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Funny that you say that because I ran a Bassani OR X and blew the baffles out of my 40s too. Sounded awesome until then though. Drone wasn't that bad IMO.

Yeah they guy at flowmaster was a HUGE d bag too. Told me it was my fault because I drove it in the city.... by city I mean a town of maybe 9000 people. He said city driving doesnt allow the water thats created by the combustion to evaporate off the cooler city driven mufflers. I said " then why not drill a weep hole like alot of the other mufflers do?" he told me they cant because the mustang mufflers are identical, one gets flipped upside down depending on which side they are installed on.

I told him if they didn't warrantee them I was going to Summit Raceway park that weekend and was going to sit in my lawn chair which a case of beer in front of the flowmaster trailer and tell everyone about their customer service. I had two new stainless 40 mufflers 3 days later hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread