Which product to use

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Hey guys,
First time posting over here. I found a few different polish / waxes around the garage from over the years and wanted to see which one you guys would recommend using. Going to do a hand wash and dry then one of these.
Products are:
- Zymol cleaner wax
- Meguiar's liquid car wax
- Armor All diamond hard shine
- Turtle Wax polishing compound
Cheers
Mike
c62a386521e5c876031202f58f3e9883.jpg

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Depending on the shelf life of them, they may not be good anymore. I've had some waxes do weird things after they sat for too long.

With that said, if you absolutely want to use some of those, I would throw away the armorall and turtle wax. You can do a side by side of the gold class and zymol and see which one you prefer, if you can even notice a difference between the two.

For over the counters stuff, I've always been a fan of mothers and meguiars, if you are going to clay though, stay away from the mothers bar. It's junk.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Hey, thanks for thoughts! Hadn't thought about it going bad, I'll take your tip and do a side by side with the Zymol and Meguiar's, make sure they are still good, then go from there. Haven't got to the point of a clay session yet, gonna start with a good clean and wax, and see where that gets me.

I always try to keep her clean, but just getting into detailing (wax, polish, clay, etc.) after seeing some of the pictures over here, so I really appreciate it.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Depending on the shelf life of them, they may not be good anymore. I've had some waxes do weird things after they sat for too long.

With that said, if you absolutely want to use some of those, I would throw away the armorall and turtle wax. You can do a side by side of the gold class and zymol and see which one you prefer, if you can even notice a difference between the two.

For over the counters stuff, I've always been a fan of mothers and meguiars, if you are going to clay though, stay away from the mothers bar. It's junk.
I concur with all of this.

Could also try going over the car with the Zymol and then top it with the gold class

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^this if you're using what you have. The cleaner wax will help remove some whiz from the surface. 2nd coat-added durability and gloss.

Users who are viewing this thread