Whipple Hellcats

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The only proof I need are the gen 2 coyote cars doing work on the track. You don’t see much trinity gt500s doing that.
I love the gt500 and would love to own one and do opposite what everyone else does, road course.
But after seeing countless boosted s550’s it is the better motor. Also watch #ydbt aka Alejandro Flores, he tunes cars for VMP. He will tell you straight up the gen 2 coyote has more potential then the trinity. Hell of a lot cheaper too.

Curt@injected

The only proof I need are the gen 2 coyote cars doing work on the track. You don’t see much trinity gt500s doing that.
I love the gt500 and would love to own one and do opposite what everyone else does, road course.
But after seeing countless boosted s550’s it is the better motor. Also watch #ydbt aka Alejandro Flores, he tunes cars for VMP. He will tell you straight up the gen 2 coyote has more potential then the trinity. Hell of a lot cheaper too.

6R80 has a lot to do with that. Now that we have fully derailed this thread

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

see below

beat me to it. 6r80 vs TR6060. 6060 is a boat anchor for drag racing.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Now that we have fully derailed this thread
LOL, I know, I'm starting to sound like a fanboy. But out of Ford's current offerings, the S550 with twin or single turbos is a force to be reckoned with.

If I didnt have my current car I would probably be boosting a '17 and own an S1000RR. :D

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Wrong.

1. Auto vs Manual. BIG difference there.

2. Many many many more 5.0 than 5.8 warriors/owners willing to mod up, race and take to track. Most Shelby owners stay home and wash/wax. Myself guilty of this same sin.

3. Lastly, from the man himself:

IMG_0542.JPG

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Has there been any twin turbo or procharged/vorteched/paxtoned trinitys? The market for the coyote is much better & usually stock cars that come with roots style or twin-screw blowers stick to them (upgrade to whipples/KBs or do bolt-ons). We all know centrifugal or turbo setups are more efficient & yield better #’s (usually/theoretically).

I’d bet the trinity would be more promising if they came out with bolt-on procharger kits like they do with the new Z06s. Maybe I’m wrong though.

On a side note, a procharged hellcat would be bad ass.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yep them are no joke. still a heavy tank tho but an impressive one nonetheless.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
People bring up the weight on a hellcat but its a non issue. The motor itself is so gangster, it doesnt even matter. Its like a domestic GTR, which runs with a c6z06 with the same wheel power and about 600lbs more weight.

The hellcat just makes so much damn extra power to offset the weight. No wonder the rest of the drivetrain has issues keeping up.

tktlwyr

Established Member
Wrong.
1. Auto vs Manual. BIG difference there.

2. Many many many more 5.0 than 5.8 warriors/owners willing to mod up, race and take to track. Most Shelby owners stay home and wash/wax. Myself guilty of this same sin.

This!^

I'm one of the few GT500 owners that drives his car. It's turning 100,000 miles this weekend where so many others baby them because, ahem, it's a Shelby and they're trying to maintain value that doesn't exist on a car not actually produced by Shelby American.

Also, it's also a helluva lot cheaper to replace a blown up Coyote engine versus a 5.4/5.8.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Hellcat vs Cobra video is from my channel. It's a local car and has made a lot of power for a long time. Was making 1000+ on the stock motor, blower, with nitrous until he decided to upgrade.

It's a badass build now. 426ci, Whipple 4.5, heads, etc... Made 1100whp with belt slip. I rode in it and it's definitely making some steam, even off spray. He has a big shot on top of it but hasn't sprayed it yet since the trans can't hold it. I'll have some more footage from it soon.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
People bring up the weight on a hellcat but its a non issue. The motor itself is so gangster, it doesnt even matter. Its like a domestic GTR, which runs with a c6z06 with the same wheel power and about 600lbs more weight.

The hellcat just makes so much damn extra power to offset the weight. No wonder the rest of the drivetrain has issues keeping up.

Simply put:
Acceleration = Force/Mass

High mass? Add more force.

It’s the heavyweight champ. Name another competitor around 4,500lbs....

72SBC

Established Member
Zyborg, in my opinion, I’d rank them like this Boss 302, 15-17 GT, Terminator, GT500. Strongest Ford motor was the 4v Condor in the Ford GT.

The GT500 is stout stock with bolt ons, but the stroke is just too big to turn RPM like the Boss/coyote. I felt safer modding my Terminator than my 14 Shelby. Could just be me.

I think the Boss was the most badass motor in a Mustang. It’s harder to keep an engine alive that turns rpm. So it’s really something to spin those motors past 8k with power adders stock.

Lastly, my buddy has a f1 on a otherwise stock 16 GT minus headers/fuel and it’s an absolute animal. Would curb stomp my bolt on 14 GT500 at any speed. It’s a 9 second car and traps 15mph higher at similar weight as my gt500

I’m really impressed with the Coyote, Ford has their shit together with that motor.

The Hellcat motor is probably the most stout motor in a production car to date I think minus the Ford GT(05/06) and you might make a strong arguement for the LS9 ZR-1

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish we didn't have snow up here in the northeast.
More than likely, my daily driver would be a Hellcat Charger.

beau t

Established Member

Curt,
To my understanding ford trinity has powder forged rods (the weak link) and dodge uses the same style, if what i'm saying is true how does dodge not have the same issue? i haven't researched the hellcat but it appears to hold up at higher HP levels vs Trinity when done right.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Zyborg, in my opinion, I’d rank them like this Boss 302, 15-17 GT, Terminator, GT500. Strongest Ford motor was the 4v Condor in the Ford GT.

The GT500 is stout stock with bolt ons, but the stroke is just too big to turn RPM like the Boss/coyote. I felt safer modding my Terminator than my 14 Shelby. Could just be me.

I think the Boss was the most badass motor in a Mustang. It’s harder to keep an engine alive that turns rpm. So it’s really something to spin those motors past 8k with power adders stock.

Lastly, my buddy has a f1 on a otherwise stock 16 GT minus headers/fuel and it’s an absolute animal. Would curb stomp my bolt on 14 GT500 at any speed. It’s a 9 second car and traps 15mph higher at similar weight as my gt500

I’m really impressed with the Coyote, Ford has their shit together with that motor.

The Hellcat motor is probably the most stout motor in a production car to date I think minus the Ford GT(05/06) and you might make a strong arguement for the LS9 ZR-1

Im not worried about turning rpms. I just care about the power/tq under the curve.

We will agree to disagree. In my opinion, the strength of the motors goes as follows:

Boss / GT500 > S550 / Terminator

You probably feel safer modding a Terminator simply due to cost. 5.8 is NOT cheap.

Im really impressed with the coyote motor too, I just dont swallow the "its better than every other motor" cool aid.

IMO, the hellcat motor is the daddy of them all. Hate to admit.

Users who are viewing this thread