whos from wisconsin????

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I dont know about you all but Automotion was the SLOWEST car cruise I have ever went to. I think that Show has gotten too big for the local area.

I didnt see anyone on here with their car down there. And usually I see someone. Went to the Noahs Ark 1989 and older show on Saturday. Forgot there was the Mt. Olympus newer car show too. Not sure I will go next year due to the INSANE amount of traffic. That reminded me of the work rush hour hwy traffic jam.

Funny part is I'm there to not be reminded of a work thing.... LOL

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I've never seen traffic so bad either! Cars were backed up all the way out past Bobber's. It took us 1 hour to get from Bobbers to Sprechers! I saw 2 Lightnings, 1 Redfire Cobra, 1 Sonic Blue Cobra, 1 Oxford White Cobra, 1 Silver Cobra(ClubVenom1?), 1 Torch Red Coupe and 1 Torch Red Convertible. Plus a small amount of GT's. Lots of imports there.

I went to the Automotion car show on Sat & Sun and the WCEC car show on Sat. Me and my friends had a blast, but it's not worth cruising at all on Saturday.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
As many cars as I did see, I pretty sure I was the only Silver Cobra there. So I'm very positive that was me that you saw. Wish I saw one of you guys. Seen a twin turbo new edge GT with the missing front fascia. Seen lots of 2005 and up Mustang GT's and one GT500. Seen 1 cobra there like me, but I dont remember the color (Red?) He was next to me near Paul Bunyans restaurant Saturday evening headed into town in the traffic jam.....

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Damn, well I only caught the back end of your car through my rear view mirror. My buddy that was ridding with called you out, but with traffic so bad, I didn't get to look soon enough.

I never saw that TT GT. There was a 2012-2014 black GT with a centri that I saw, but every other GT sounded N/A.

I got to chat with the Sonic blue owner and he had just recently installed a KB 2.2 and I also talked to the other Torch Red guy and he was from the Dells and his car had a ported Eaton on it.

Last edited:

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Car Craft Summer Nationals is going on this weekend. Lots of old school muscle out cruising the nite skies. Hope some of you get a chance to see the cars out there.

TP03

Established Member
From Stevens Point. Just purchased a black 10th anniversary cobra coupe in July.:banana:

Last edited:

TP03

Established Member
Thanks Guys. Really enjoying my purchase. Planning a trip in the spring to Dean's performance in IL for Dyno tuning. Where do you guys go for tuning in WI?

TP03

Established Member
The best tuner you can trust.... Self-Tuned here.

I'm envious and wish that was an option for me but with limited knowledge, I'm at the mercy of Mr. Tuner guy. I'll have to see where Marv is with pricing, Thanks.

TP03

Established Member
TP03 - When you going to bring that Bad Boy out for some action....

I've had it out quite a bit actually, just not your way. Worked on a youtube video this last weekend with my wife driving but not really happy with it. The one good pass that she did the camera wouldn't focus then the next pass she was timid because it scared her a bit lol. We had some back road fun though. My spring mod list keeps growing.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I've had it out quite a bit actually, just not your way. Worked on a youtube video this last weekend with my wife driving but not really happy with it. The one good pass that she did the camera wouldn't focus then the next pass she was timid because it scared her a bit lol. We had some back road fun though. My spring mod list keeps growing.
Congrats on the new Cobra, what mods does it currently have?

TP03

Established Member
Congrats on the new Cobra, what mods does it currently have?

Thanks! Nice TR BTW, that was my second choice for a 10th anniversary, but i always had a thing for black. Pain to keep clean but looks amazing when it is. Currently has 2.80 upper only, stock intake tube with 12" open filter, Kooks long tubes, kooks mid, SLP loudmouth 1 catback, lowering springs, pro 5.0 shifter. Believe it has a Amazon tune (billet pulley has amazon tuning stamped on it), came with SCT programmer. Spring mod list: JLT gen 2 CAI, Loudmouth 2 mufflers, BF
IRS brace, New plugs, 91 dyno tune. Also some cosmetic stuff like window tint, re-paint brake calipers, and a paint correction.

TP03

Established Member
20160809_140814.jpg
Out with the old and in with the new. Pic with both cars before saying goodbye to the GT.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Thanks! Nice TR BTW, that was my second choice for a 10th anniversary, but i always had a thing for black. Pain to keep clean but looks amazing when it is. Currently has 2.80 upper only, stock intake tube with 12" open filter, Kooks long tubes, kooks mid, SLP loudmouth 1 catback, lowering springs, pro 5.0 shifter. Believe it has a Amazon tune (billet pulley has amazon tuning stamped on it), came with SCT programmer. Spring mod list: JLT gen 2 CAI, Loudmouth 2 mufflers, BF IRS brace, New plugs, 91 dyno tune. Also some cosmetic stuff like window tint, re-paint brake calipers, and a paint correction.
That's a good set of starting mods, wish mine came with long tubes. A little too much work and cost for what little power gains they offer but I bet they sound fantastic. I would go with a diff cover over the brace, I did the brace and soon after adding the TVS my diff started leaking and I ended up doing the cover. Also do the diff bushings well in there and the larger front subframe bolts if they haven't been changed out yet. I had a black 99 cobra before this one and the always having to wash it all the time or just looking at it wrong would get it dirty. The red in comparison is a lot more forgiving about how often I have to wash it.

Last edited:

TP03

Established Member
That's a good set of starting mods, wish mine came with long tubes. A little too much work and cost for what little power gains they offer but I bet they sound fantastic. I would go with a diff cover over the brace, I did the brace and soon after adding the TVS my diff started leaking and I ended up doing the cover. Also do the diff bushings well in there and the larger front subframe bolts if they haven't been changed out yet. I had a black 99 cobra before this one and the always having to wash it all the time or just looking at it wrong would get it dirty. The red in comparison is a lot more forgiving about how often I have to wash it.

Thanks for the input. I too would probably never put the money into headers but am sure glad I got em. They sound good but the loudmouth 1's are a bit too raspy for my liking. I'm still on the fence on cover vs brace. Money is going to be tight for a while with the cobra purchase so until I recover a $100 brace from ebay might have to suffice for cheap insurance, plus my HP numbers will never be as high as yours. Unlike most people I like the factory eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread