Who's getting the S8 or S8+?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to preorder the S8+ today.

It wasn't a crazy exciting reveal, Samsung is still trying to get past the Note 7 incident.

Nonetheless I like the looks of it (minus the curved screen), and I'm sure it'll be quicker than my Note. The screen, besides it being curved, looks amazing. I had hoped for a better rear camera, but still, a 12megapixel camera is fine for a phone.

10splaya22

Established Member
Love the looks of the phone and the huge screen/small bezels. My S6 is fine for now so I'll wait and make a decision between the S8 and Note 8

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love the looks of the phone and the huge screen/small bezels. My S6 is fine for now so I'll wait and make a decision between the S8 and Note 8

I would love a Note 8...I just don't know how I feel about waiting for something that hasn't been confirmed.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Phones really seem like they are reaching the point of diminishing returns. Still rocking my Moto Turbo 2 and it's not slowing down etc. The battery life is a bit worse than original but still lasts all day, and turbo charging really helps.

Do the Samsung's slow down real bad over time? I have a Sammy tablet (2 actually) and they did this, to the point of being almost unusable. Makes me thing Samsung does it on purpose.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Been on android since the GS3. Got the note 7 and loved it for the month or so that I had it. Ended up with an IPhone 7+ after all of that fiasco. Can't stand this thing. Waiting impatiently for the Note 8 to come out. I was also reading that they might be releasing refurbs of the Note 7 but with a smaller battery so I might look into that.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
iPhone 8 for me
:D
Now it makes sense why you wear those sparkly tight jeans :D

Im debating between the S8 or S8+. I have the S7E at the moment. I do like that the S8+ is not as wide as the iPhone 7+ but it might be a bit out of comfort zone. Far as the grip on the sides, the Note7 was much easier to hold and use than my S7E so I expect the S8 to follow the Note’s trend. This sums it up for me

samsung-galaxy-s8-11.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You guys are making me think about waiting for a Note 8.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i like my S7 and i doubt i'll upgrade anytime soon. They even had a major update last night im getting used to

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Phones really seem like they are reaching the point of diminishing returns. Still rocking my Moto Turbo 2 and it's not slowing down etc. The battery life is a bit worse than original but still lasts all day, and turbo charging really helps.

Do the Samsung's slow down real bad over time? I have a Sammy tablet (2 actually) and they did this, to the point of being almost unusable. Makes me thing Samsung does it on purpose.

I'm still using my Droid Turbo without issues. I wanted to get a PixelXL, but now that they are available (still at full price) other offerings are about to be released.

I hope the new ones will drive the price down on the old ones.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You guys are making me think about waiting for a Note 8.

The Note series is not dead. There will be another one. If you prefer the notes over the "S" line, definitely wait for it.

Overall I really liked the Note 7 when I had it. I wasn't a fan of the curved screen though, and the phone had a couple quirks that I felt like it shouldn't have had. I'm gonna wait for the next iphone or Pixel XL.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I like the dual bluetooth thing and the computer dock thing.

But I am not a fan of Samsung devices, if it comes down to it and I get a droid, it will be a google phone.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
This thread made me want to see about getting the S8 or S8+. After looking at what i still owe on this phone, good lord. That isnt going to happen. They sure have everyone by the balls with those 1-2 years of monthly notes most part. I kind of want a cheaper plan but im still grandfathered in to unlimited data.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
This thread made me want to see about getting the S8 or S8+. After looking at what i still owe on this phone, good lord. That isnt going to happen. They sure have everyone by the balls with those 1-2 years of monthly notes most part. I kind of want a cheaper plan but im still grandfathered in to unlimited data.

i did the math..

Verizon, with the monthly phone note and cost for the line vs $200 and a two year contract plus cost of the line, over a two year span, you'll save around $100... thats because they charge you $40 per line if you do the two year contract vs $15 per line... Verizon also gives you two gb for free, for life, if you upgrade a phone... we have three lines on a 8gb plan, and get 4 gb free.. my bill dropped around $70 a month to upgrade two phones.. the third phone is for my oldest son and he will only get our old phones..

AAG

Established Member
Been on android since the GS3. Got the note 7 and loved it for the month or so that I had it. Ended up with an IPhone 7+ after all of that fiasco. Can't stand this thing. Waiting impatiently for the Note 8 to come out. I was also reading that they might be releasing refurbs of the Note 7 but with a smaller battery so I might look into that.

I'm curiouis, why can't you stand it? I jumped off the iPhone bandwagon one time for the GS3 and jumped right back on when the 6 plus was released.

The biggest turnoff for me about Android phones is the carriers tying your hands with updates. With Apple products, they all get the updates at the same time, regardless of which carrier.

jshen

Established Member

I have a Samsung G5 and it is slow! Pretty much worthless for internet usage so I use it for calls and text. Camera still sucks. However I have Verizon and there service in my area is terrible. I am looking for an alternative but whatever service and phone I buy will be unlocked so I can switch providers if I need to

Users who are viewing this thread