Why HPTuners not willing to help 04 and under.

gt347mustang

Established Member
IPSIBR is for sure, the other probably is. (I don't recall)

How do i access all the PIDS? IPSIBR isn't available for this 03 cobra(RYBE2). The only channels available to select are the normal SAE pids. Do i have the wrong version? I'm using 3.4.29
Channel selection list 03 cobra.jpg

Also, not sure if this is relevant or not but HP thinks this vehicle is a 2001...

Thanks for the help Eric!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
This is awesome news. I'll ditch SCT then most likely. A got a local guy that uses HP and would love to have him tune my Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15PSI

Established Member
I will put in a big shout out for HPTuners. I went from the dark side to HPTuners over a year ago and never looked back. For me, the greatest part of the VCM Suite is the scanner. That is hands-down the best logging software for tuners on the market today.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Cant wait for the official debut of yalls supporting platform for our pre 05's.
Currently working with remote tuning to get my H122 swap up and running, but looking forward to trying out HPTuners later when its available for us.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I've mapped out every EEC-V V8 Mustang from 99-2004. If you have an nGauge you can use it to read/write the vehicle, and edit the tune in VCM Editor. The current MPVI was never designed to flash this older non CAN based controller. We have something in the works that will fill the void soon.

hold on just a second. i use sniper commando, and it works well enough, but those of us who love 96-97 eec-v need support too.

CDAN4

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I never said I was done :)

As soon as this is released could you post up? I currently am running SCT. A local tuner, tuneswith HP Tuners and I will most likely go this route when I do my blower swap and return fuel set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt347mustang

Established Member

gt347mustang

Established Member
Good to know. Thanks! The current base tune is off a predator which is then further modified by a tweecer.

15PSI

Established Member
Many of the older ECUs (EEC-V) and others are now supported. Do a search on the HPTuners forum. If you don't find your answer, just post your question. That forum is filled with tuners who will assist you.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Many of the older ECUs (EEC-V) and others are now supported. Do a search on the HPTuners forum. If you don't find your answer, just post your question. That forum is filled with tuners who will assist you.

Ive done a recent search but have only seen info on them being able to use the Ngauge at this time. Still working on a program that doesnt need to use the NGauge to read and write.

Users who are viewing this thread